turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A great spring.

Started by savduck, May 15, 2018, 08:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Decided to take a break from a bunch of things and just hunt this season. Was able to hunt and guide for friends in SC, GA, NY, and ME. GA was tough this spring, even though I killed my limit. Hunted 10 to 12 hours several times at home. Killed them a bunch of different ways. Called all these in and also witnessed one miss. Cant even count all the birds that walked off. Blessed spring getting to hunt with a lot of good people.

Georgia Boy

Meatseeker

Congrats on a great season!  Which state did you enjoy hunting the most?

Spring Creek Calls

Congratulations Del.  Your calling sounds more like a turkey than a turkey.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

davisd9

Great season Del! Enjoyed all the texts rolling in! Rest up my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Yoder409

The stuff turkey huntin dreams are made of !!

CONGRATS on a successful season !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

renegade19

Gooserbat

Congratulations on what sounds like a good season
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

3bailey3

Awesome season, you got a lot eaten to do!

savduck

Quote from: Meatseeker on May 15, 2018, 08:17:56 PM
Congrats on a great season!  Which state did you enjoy hunting the most?

NY and Maine were both first time trips for me and did not disappoint. Id say NY barely edged out Maine. I covered a little more ground and being able to get above the turkeys was cool because I could observe a lot of turkey behavior. Beautiful country and both should be on peoples bucket list.
Georgia Boy

savduck

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on May 15, 2018, 08:19:42 PM
Congratulations Del.  Your calling sounds more like a turkey than a turkey.

Hahahahahahaha. Those northeast birds ate up some hen yelping with some GA twang added in. Actually used one of your scratchers on this trip.
Georgia Boy

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zelmo1

How was that NY lobstah roll?? Ryan's spots are much bigger and picturesque. I lioke it too brother. But us woodboogers up here do ok. :funnyturkey:

PharmHunter

daddyduke

Congrats on a Blessed season.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

tomstopper

Congrats on a great season

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk