OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Finally

Started by Todd1700, April 23, 2011, 10:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd1700

It's been a tough season in my neck of the woods. Birds have hardly gobbled and even when one did they just were not receptive to calling. Very few people killing anything. But it went well this morning. Went to a spot we call the home place and walked to my usual listening spot on a little hill in the middle of a cow pasture. I owled one time and this bird gobbled out to my left. He could not have been much more than 100 yards inside the tree line. I eased into the woods and sat down on a big pine. At about the time I figured hens should be hitting the ground I gave a few soft tree yelps. Nothing, but oddly a hen flew to me and landed in a small pine behind me. Eventually she flew down and when she did I yelped again. No gobble but I heard him fly down. After a few minutes I purred and clucked at him with my Wood-haven slate and he thundered. That was good but he was out to my right and that was the only direction my view was obscured by a growth of what I've always called milkweed. It was about 15 yards away. Pretty quick I heard him drumming but directly behind the weeds. Couldn't see a thing. Finally though he moved out to the left of them and I saw that blue head. Boom! Time of death 06:18. And let me tell you. Nitro's are wicked at 18 steps. LOL! 17lbs 1oz, 1 inch spurs, 9 3/4 inch beard.

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice gobbler, Todd. What state are you hunting? Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

OLE RASPY

Nice bird, that beard sure does look longer than 9 3/4". :you_rock:

Todd1700

Hognutz

Yeah. That beard looks like it's 19-3/4''.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

M,Yingling

Great bird ,,Congrats
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Snoody Bastid

Congrats. Nice bird. Nice gun.

JVA54

:icon_thumright:  Congrats!!

econo

congrats on the close encounter kill
May God bless you all

Wrangler95

:anim_65:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

cannonball

Wrangler95

:anim_65:

Very nice,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

bowhunter84

very nice.    congrats :z-guntootsmiley:

BOFF

Congrats!!

Nice bird!!

God Bless,
David B.

turkey slayer

Congrats, Great bird!!!