Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally on the board but whats wrong with him???

Started by chbarnha, May 14, 2018, 12:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

I finally got on the board Saturday with a little bushwacking. Not my preferred method but the only way possible we were gonna kill these birds. Me and a buddy doubled up. There were three longbeards in this field feeding together and they haven't said a peep in 2 weeks. Its been rough down here. Well we snuck down a path and got within 10steps of the bird I killed with a thick hedgerow between us. My buddy got where he could see the other two birds and we coordinated killing them. I shot mine at 10steps through the hedgerow and he shot as the other two birds were leaving. Interesting double to say the least. I got to my bird and this is what I find. He only weighed 15lbs and his feet were horrible.... 11" beard and 1" spurs. the other bird was 19lbs with a 12 inch beard and 3/4" spurs. What is wrong with this birds feet.... never seen one like it.

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

chbarnha

Forgot to mention... what we are wearing in this pic is exactly what we had on... shorts and flip flops. Probably the only time this double will ever happen the way it did!!!

Sir-diealot

SMH Elephantiasis of the feet? Trench foot? Wearing Big Birds slippers? Beats me man but congratulations.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gooserbat

Congratulations on your ugly footed turkey.  Seriously though I would check with a biologist.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

renegade19

I got no clue about the feet but congrats on the double!

1iagobblergetter

Congrats...Id love to see those tracks scouting.  :drool: I'd either think someone's  Emu got loose or i had one Gigantic Tom running around...

mikejd

Swenny

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

wvboy

If you find out please post it here.. I killed one a few years ago that had Feet issues too..

I watched him cross a field to me, and he had a limp.. weirdest feet I have ever seen .. had some toenails completely missing like he tore them off and others toenails long and curved .. and had some swelling too.. check out the pics..

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

g8rvet

First one looks like bumblefoot, second one looks like frostbite. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

zelmo1

Congrats on the double and check with your local biologist on the feet

Marc

Quote from: g8rvet on May 14, 2018, 11:24:52 AM
First one looks like bumblefoot, second one looks like frostbite.
I thought you were kidding about the "bumblefoot..."  From pictures on the Internet, it would appear that is the most likely cause...

Kinda' nice having a veterinarian on the forums to post up cool information....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

tomstopper

Congrats to you both

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

chbarnha

What exactly is bumblefoot gr8vet? Never heard of it.