turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bunch of Bull

Started by backforty, May 13, 2018, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backforty

He licked the first hen off the stake and shortly after this pic headbutted this one.
Print by Madison, on Flickr

renegade19

outdoors

:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
   MAKINGS OF A CHICK FIL A COMMERCIAL
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Meatseeker

Just be happy he didn't chase you through the pasture when you were heading in in the dark.  I almost run over by a bull  in a similar scenario.  SCARY!

daddyduke

At least he didn't try to mount your decoy!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Gooserbat

I had a similar situation happen once only I had a strutter at 80 yards when the beef showed up.  Needless to say the turkey lived another day.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

countryboy3006

One morning this year I had about 20 head follow me when I was walking in in the the morning and stand just on the other side of the fence i was set up near the whole morning like I had a bucket of feed with me.  I tried walking up to get them to go away but they kept following me back and to every other place I walked to.  Needless to say I didn't have any luck that day.

turkeyfoot

Reminds me of hunt 12 years or so ago we had doe come in and lick decoy at daylight funny stuff

joey46

We hunt a working ranch.  Cows and bulls usually around.  Turkeys seem to pay no attention. Horses are the curious bunch.

Sir-diealot

Patrick F. McManus said "There are only two kinds of cows, fast Mean Cows and Slow mean cows."

I guess there are turkey decoy liking cows too?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

NJGobblerHunter

Yoder409

I suppose you stomped right over there and explained to the critter what he was doing was wrong and you'd appreciate it if he'd go away.......................  :D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

kjnengr

I feel for ya, man. I had a group of cattle screw up a beautiful evening hunt for me this year.

JonD.

I found out a long time ago, when cattle come in and investigate your decoys just sit still and let them move off on their own. You will wear yourself out trying to run them off, and they will go about 20 feet and then turn around and look at you for 30 mins. and then come right back and you do it over and over and over.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

Jstocks

Biggest gobbler I ever killed was chased off by a cow before I killed him.

Buddy of mine who is less mobile was in a blind on a field next to the buffalo river in Tn. He told me about a bird that was gobbling good and that I should try to comeback in the other end of the field from a road above it. I got down there and sure enough there was a big strutter with a hen and they were already heading my way slowly. I got his behind some blackberry in the edge of the field and did some soft purring. Turkey was about a 100 yards when for some reason a black cow decided to chase him into the woods. I waited about 30 minutes but never saw him again so I eased down to the river. When I started back from the river, there he was back in the field and strutting around a lil brushy patch. I didn't see the gen so I started calling to him. He started making his way across the field slowly and then all of a sudden the hen came out the brush, picked up and flew to about 30 yards from me, looked around and then walked right past me. He strutted all the way to 30 steps. My buddy watched the whole thing from 300 yards away.

Never before nor since seen a cow chase a turkey like that.