turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli M2

Started by ATROX, May 12, 2018, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATROX

Any of you use this as a turkey gun? Was thinking of buying one,  I like to shoot hogs also. I could use the gun as a hog and turkey gun. My other question is would you get the 26" or 28" barrel for turkey?
Thanks

1iagobblergetter

I would go 24in barrel if that's an option. Otherwise the 26in if it's not. I just bought a M2. I haven't had a chance to pattern it yet.I'm sure it will be reliable as my SBE and SBE2's have been. 

stinkpickle

I have 26" M2, and with an Indian Creek choke, it's a loooong gun. 

Ozark Ridge Runner

Benelli offers the M2 with a 21 inch barrel. They offered it in a camo version until last year I believe, but its only available in black now.  I bought one of the last few camo guns that they had.  You might find one hanging around somewhere if you look.

kwild835

Quote from: Ozark Ridge Runner on May 15, 2018, 08:20:35 AM
Benelli offers the M2 with a 21 inch barrel. They offered it in a camo version until last year I believe, but its only available in black now.  I bought one of the last few camo guns that they had.  You might find one hanging around somewhere if you look.
I think this is the best turkey 12 gauge gun I have used.  I would still be using it if I hadn't went to a 20.

Ozark Ridge Runner

Quote from: kwild835 on May 15, 2018, 01:58:55 PM
Quote from: Ozark Ridge Runner on May 15, 2018, 08:20:35 AM
I think this is the best turkey 12 gauge gun I have used.  I would still be using it if I hadn't went to a 20.
I agree.  I have a H&K Benelli M1 Super90 with a 24 inch barrel and I like the 21 inch barreled M2 better in the turkey woods.  I checked earlier and there are a few of the 21 inch camo guns still available.  It's a Benelli model number 11117 if anyone is looking for one.