OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

End of Season Calls....One left.

Started by Gobblerstopper, April 22, 2011, 11:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblerstopper

Finished up several calls the last few days, before I start chasing turkeys myself.  I have a little bit of everything available right now and have reduced the price on several of these calls.  A couple of them are something that I have been working on, but didn't want to sell until I got some reports from my friends that have used them this spring.  These calls are all $55 Shipped....Thanks...Andy

3.25" Holly Glass...SOLD~THANKS
I started working on this call several weeks ago and sent several of them with my friends to Kentucky last week.  They had some great reports and the design accomplished what I wanted.  I wanted a crystal sounding call in a glass pot.  This call is 3.25" Glass in a Holly pot with Purpleheart soundboard.  The striker is Blueberry and it runs great on the glass surface.  Medium-high to high pitch with some good rasp.

GS-1 With Osage Striker...SOLD~THANKS
Called the "GS-1" by my friends, this call has been very popular the last several years.  It is a 3.5" Crystal surface with a Purpleheart soundboard.  The pot is Curly Maple and the striker with this call is Osage with a pretty straight, but slightly flared tip.  The call is medium-high to high pitch and has some really good rasp.

Curly Maple Ceramic....SOLD~THANKS
One of my favorites right now is a Curly Maple pot with Ceramic surface.  This call is stained and comes with a laminated brown striker.  The call flat out signs turkey.  The ceramic surface will do it all with some good rasp and is very forgiving.

Holly Crystal With Two Strikers
This pot has a 3.5" Crystal surface with purpleheart soundboard.  This call is the same design as my GS-1, just turned out of Holly instead of the Curly Maple I typically use for the call.  The striker with it is Grapefruit.  Medium-high to high pitch with the typical rasp of the crystal.  Grapefruit runs great on the surface and will run well at any volume.  I will also throw a Purpleheart striker in the box with this call in addition to the grapefruit that comes with it.

Thanks.....Andy
http://www.kaiserkalls.com/Available.htm

gob4me

Great lokking s calls.May I ask what did you use to condition them with?

Gobblerstopper

Quote from: gob4me on April 23, 2011, 08:37:52 AM
Great lokking s calls.May I ask what did you use to condition them with?

60-120 grit sandpaper on the glass/crystal calls and nothing on the ceramic.  I have used 120 on the ceramic before though.

GC

Andy, do you ever use actual slate for your pot/peg calls?  I don't think I've ever seen a Kaiser Kall in slate.

Gobblerstopper

GC, I do make slate calls, but they are few and far between.  Everyone says that slate is easy to make, but it gives me twice as many fits as any other surface.  I try to avoid it, but do make one or two a spring.

scoot12

They look great Andy,  that gs1 is one heck of a call.  Scoot

Gobblerstopper

Quote from: scoot12 on April 23, 2011, 09:09:21 PM
They look great Andy,  that gs1 is one heck of a call.  Scoot

Thanks Scoot, I ran a purpleheart striker on it today and I think I like it a little better than the osage.  I might have to throw both strikers in if it sells.

andy

GC

Thanks for the reply Andy.  Knowing your attention to detail I'll bet your slate calls are all turkey when you make one.  BTW, an old gobbler was all heated up with one of your glass calls this past Monday in Missouri.  If a hen hadn't stuck her sassy beak in the middle he would have been in real trouble as he was in love with the Kaiser glass sound.

bowhunter84

letinmfly

Andy,

Those are some fine calls!!  I can't believe there's still one available...someone better grab that baby...you won't be sorry!!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jshively

Andy,

Just got the ceramic in the mail.  Thanks for the speedy delivery - and man you are right - it sure does sing turkey.  Going into my #1 pot call slot in the vest.  Can't wait to get it out in the woods.  I can almost smell the gunpowder now!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

turkey slayer

big j

Hey Andy! Would be interested in that last call. That is the last picture posted right? If so, Lets work it out on that one! Thanks J