OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pressure finally off... First Tom down

Started by 357MAGNOLE, May 11, 2018, 01:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

357MAGNOLE

Well it took 4 season but I finally got the monkey off my back.  Neighbor took me out in South Ga today and put me on some nice birds. Shot this one around 10:30.

For anyone that wants to know, I took this with a Rem 870 youth in 20 gauge with Federal Heavy weights.  35 yards, I wanted him to get closer but knew he was in range and didnt want to let this one escape. Spurs where right at about a inch, pretty worn down and his beard is 11 1/4". I didnt weigh him as I dont have a scale, but hes in the 18-20# range. Plenty good enough for my first! I honestly would have taken a Jake at this point just to get it done.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

tomstopper

Congrats man. Now you have an addiction for life

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

TRG3

That first one is the hardest and most appreciated. It took me about three years before I finally got one. Over the years, I've learned from experience and now generally fill at least two of my three Illinois tags, primarily by incorporating gobbling to challenge the peck order among the toms. There are lots of good YouTube videos from experienced turkey hunters that openly share their techniques.

Fieldturkey

BrowningGuy88

357MAGNOLE

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ShootingABN!

Ross R

crow

Congrats on your gobbler, way to stick with it

zelmo1

J-Shaped

It's all downhill from here. Congrats!

357MAGNOLE

Quote from: tomstopper on May 11, 2018, 02:07:07 PM
Congrats man. Now you have an addiction for life

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Man I have had an addiction since the first time I went out 4 years ago and got one to Gobble. But today made it all worth it.