OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Feet Hurt

Started by Ozark Ridge Runner, May 09, 2018, 10:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozark Ridge Runner

My hunting and fishing partners and I are doing a little Merriams hunt and I made 2 loops today that totaled 11.2 miles.  That's a bit much for this worn out guy at this point of the season.  Three states and a whole bunch of early mornings and I'm tired.

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: Ozark Ridge Runner on May 09, 2018, 10:29:39 PM
My hunting and fishing partners and I are doing a little Merriams hunt and I made 2 loops today that totaled 11.2 miles.  That's a bit much for this worn out guy at this point of the season.  Three states and a whole bunch of early mornings and I'm tired.

I did this to a pair of boots on ft campbell one day. I was wondering why my feet hurt so bad, i calculated walking about 10 miles that day and it was HOT. Took my insoles out when i got home and figured out my problem.

What state are you hunting in?

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Shaped

Good for the heart. I did 10 miles one day in Oklahoma a few weeks ago in the dry, windy, and dusty conditions and didn't have anything to show for it that particular day but a ton of red sand in everything I owned. Makes you appreciate good footwear.

zelmo1

I tried the "copper fit" socks and my feet feel much better. I don't know or care that it might all be in my head or voodoo, my feet feel better and that's all I want, lol  :funnyturkey:

howl

Merrell Ventilators and Bridgedale Trekkers

spaightlabs

Quote from: Goodtimekiller on May 09, 2018, 10:46:59 PM

Good luck

Sounds like a state of exhaustion, or is that not what you meant? :funnyturkey:

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: spaightlabs on May 10, 2018, 02:25:27 PM
Quote from: Goodtimekiller on May 09, 2018, 10:46:59 PM

Good luck

Sounds like a state of exhaustion, or is that not what you meant? :funnyturkey:
I think you are correct

Ozark Ridge Runner

We were in South Dakota.  We had a great trip but I whipped.  Got our birds but had to work hard for them.

turkaholic

I over did the first week myself? I aggravated a Plantars Wart on my heel and am now limping, but that won't stop me just slow me down. This can be good
live to hunt hunt to live

Gooserbat

Replacement insoles are a life saver, so is good socks.  Stay away from cotton.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

chbarnha

They look like these yet?

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak