OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Could Have Been a Bad Day

Started by tomstopper, May 08, 2018, 06:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Yesterday when I come out of the woods, I was placing my gear in my truck and leaned my gun up against my passenger side front tire. I went to grab it last and when I did, this thing slithered out into the road. I quickly put the gun in the truck, jumped in and backed my truck over it. Can't stand snakes especially when they are where I walk in every morning.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

maddog3355

Looks like a good snake. Is that one of them copperheadedwatermocassins?

Happy

Those things can be pretty agressive. I ticked one off while plowing a field and it followed the tractor. I almost emptied the toolbox throwing stuff at it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Kylongspur88

Wonder why they're called copperheads?? Just kidding it's obvious. Those things make me nervous. They are invisible in leaves. Way to kill him without wasting ammo.

SteelerFan

Yikes!! (My truck might have lost traction in the slick pile I left in the road...)

tomstopper

Quote from: SteelerFan on May 08, 2018, 08:28:08 PM
Yikes!! (My truck might have lost traction in the slick pile I left in the road...)
Ya. I jumped back and was in my truck in seconds. Must have been behind that tire the whole time I was in my passenger door.  A little scary that's for sure

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

idratherb

Thats a beauty good size for a copperhead, glad you left him go

LaLongbeard

Quote from: idratherb on May 08, 2018, 09:18:18 PM
Thats a beauty good size for a copperhead, glad you left him go
He said he ran over him I don't think he let him go anywhere lol I kill every water moccasin and copper head I see and have not even put a dent in the population.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Gooserbat

I'm glad you didn't get bit.  I'm not scared of snakes but poison ones get the buzzard bait trick when I find them.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

aclawrence

I wore my turtle skin snake gaiters all season here in Alabama and never saw a snake until right at the end of season. One little water snake that jumped off in the creek.  I did see one little rattle snake in the road that someone ran over.  I think it was just too cold most of the times I was out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dublelung

kjnengr

Quote from: maddog3355 on May 08, 2018, 07:17:19 PM

At first glance, yes.  But after further analysis, it appears to be a diamondbackcopperrattleheadedmocassin. 

They don't make very good pets.

All venomous snakes I see get taken care of.  All of the nonvenomous ones get a pass.

wade

I think you meant copperheadedwaterrattler.
Do it outdoors

SD_smith

Quote from: wade on May 09, 2018, 09:52:51 AM

I think you meant copperheadedwaterrattler.

Definitely a rattletoothcottonmoccasin.

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game