turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

All day hunting in Ohio begins today

Started by Wayman, May 07, 2018, 11:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayman

Out of all the years I have hunted.  I never really chased turkey later in the day. I'm going to try it this year due to getting a new job I'm home earlier. What kind of action can I expect from around 3 to dark. The last two weeks have been a little tough. Most of the birds I have got on had hens up until quitting time. I was hoping to find some loners later in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akp

Spotted a bird last Friday at 4:00 across a field.  He was strutting and had a hen.  Drove around the section and out of sight of him.  Shot him at 4:45.  He came in with the hen and he was fired up.  Been a strange spring here as well.  Our season here in Oklahoma is now over, but I think things are just now heating up where I hunted this year.

Marc

Not nearly as much gobbling in the afternoon...

But I have a far higher percentage of play from the birds that do gobble or respond in the afternoon, than in the morning...

As far as hunting success, I'll take a long afternoon hunt over a short morning hunt any time...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

strut-n-rut

was planning on hunting this afternoon but i got out to hunt at 830 this morning and killed one at 910