turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tom Kelly books

Started by owlhoot, May 06, 2018, 03:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Is there any place to get Tom Kelly books at a reasonable price?
Just want to read some ,not collect an heirloom. Thanks all.

3bailey3

Tail Feathers

I see The Tenth Legion on Amazon for five bucks.   Several others of his in Kindle versions for 3 bucks each.  I need to get some of those myself.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

owlhoot

Quote from: Tail Feathers on May 06, 2018, 04:08:12 PM
I see The Tenth Legion on Amazon for five bucks.   Several others of his in Kindle versions for 3 bucks each.  I need to get some of those myself.
I saw some on there that I thought for sure came with a guided hunt. Lol

Tail Feathers

Some of the full hard line collections should! :drool:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

3bailey3

i have a few i would sell but not for 5 bucks

LaLongbeard

Try your local library....if they don't have any they should be able to borrow  them from another library.
Tomkellybooks.com will take you to his book site you can buy all his books and all of them on cd read by Mr Kelly. Each book is only about 20$ the first addition "Tenth Legion" is the one that sells  for the high prices.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tha bugman

keep your eyes open on ebay and amazon.  Picked up some pretty good deals.

Harty

The public library has provided a few for me to read. If looking to add to your outdoor library at a reason fee keep an eye out on eBay and amazon

greencop01

Try TomKellyinc.net or google it. There are books on there that average $20, and signed.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

owlhoot

Thanks guys for the replies,great help.
I went ahead and got four books from 3bailey3 . All are in 100 percent condition and were packed up really good and shipping was priority mail ,above and beyond!
Great guy to deal with.

doublespurs21

did you know that there was a limited edition run of box calls that where made for the first eight books by mr Kelly. the calls where made by herb McKee. there was only 25 calls made per each copy of the books. for example the book  tenth legion, 25 calls with the same name..etc,,,etc....

owlhoot

No I did not,that's interesting stuff. The real collector would be all over it I would bet.

3bailey3

Hey owl hoot, the best reply I have had on any deal, what you cooking, pork steaks pot of beans and some sweet potatoes!

243kid

I downloaded a few of Tom Kelly's books off of Amazon. What l have found is that 30% of the book is about Turkey and the other 70% is history and logging...