OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

UNCLE!!!!

Started by mfd1027, April 22, 2011, 06:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

Turkeys 26 -  Dan 0!!!    I've been handed a sound beating.    Yesterday we got called by the catastrophe adjusting company we work for and told to report to Birmingham for training.   I just got home from my State Farm Auto certification class and it looks like we might get deployed to work hail claims Mon. or Tue.    I'm not sure where we will be headed from here.  I'm not sure my turkey season is over.  It kind of depends where we get sent to.     I'm trying to talk my wife into driving to Ky. tomorrow but I don't know if she'll go for that.   

The team is doing awesome.  I just wish I could have contributed.   
Dan

Longbeardfever4ever

Its all right, Dan! You hunted really hard thats for sure.

Youth Day is here tomorrow, im pumped!
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

gob09

do what ya gotta do Dan good luck hope it's not too bad and you get somewhere you can hunt
i've been kicked in the nads a lot this year too by turkeys to pour salt on the wound i was about to click the safety off on a turkey at about 20 yards when two high school kids stepped out about 200 yrds and spooked my gobbler this morning

keyser12ga

Dan,

I know the work is good and with the storms coming, it should be getting even better.  Hope you make it to KY.

unclerick

Thats alright Dan, if you don't get to hunt anymore atleast it gave it heck and chased them wirey rascals and tried to help the team. You actualy have done alot for the team this year, so good luck in the work and stay safe driveing.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

harvester

Quote from: mfd1027 on April 22, 2011, 06:15:34 PM
Turkeys 26 -  Dan 0!!!    I've been handed a sound beating.    Yesterday we got called by the catastrophe adjusting company we work for and told to report to Birmingham for training.   I just got home from my State Farm Auto certification class and it looks like we might get deployed to work hail claims Mon. or Tue.    I'm not sure where we will be headed from here.  I'm not sure my turkey season is over.  It kind of depends where we get sent to.     I'm trying to talk my wife into driving to Ky. tomorrow but I don't know if she'll go for that.   

The team is doing awesome.  I just wish I could have contributed.   
As far as I'm concerned, you contributed greatly by giving everyone a couple calls apiece. I kill two out of the three with your calls in my mouth. Great Calls. Thanks again Dan.

nctrkyhntr

Dan you already done a lot for the team but passing out your amazing calls. I wish you the best on your up coming ventures. Just keep us posted on everything is going with you.

ElkTurkMan

Dan, Like the others have said, you have contributed in more ways than one this year. Don't sweat a thing my friend it's just one of those years.  I sure hope you get a another chance to chase them this spring. 

mfd1027

Well we're headed for St. Louis (actually Earth City) Missouri in the morning to report for work on Monday.   We'll be handling hail and tornado claims for State Farm.   Who knows maybe there will be a turkey hunter or two working at the same cat site.   I'm not sure how much time I will get off to hunt but if I get any days off in the next few wks. I'll probably haul butt over to our lease in Ky.  I think we will be about 4 hrs. away.  I'm also going to check into the WMA's around St. Louis.    It Ain't Over Til It's Over!!!
Dan

unclerick

Quote from: mfd1027 on April 23, 2011, 11:02:54 PM
Well we're headed for St. Louis (actually Earth City) Missouri in the morning to report for work on Monday.   We'll be handling hail and tornado claims for State Farm.   Who knows maybe there will be a turkey hunter or two working at the same cat site.   I'm not sure how much time I will get off to hunt but if I get any days off in the next few wks. I'll probably haul butt over to our lease in Ky.  I think we will be about 4 hrs. away.  I'm also going to check into the WMA's around St. Louis.    It Ain't Over Til It's Over!!!
The fat lady ain't singing yet Dan,,go get em killer
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

mfd1027

Holed up in a hotel near Paducah.  Tornado warnings and hail drove us off the interstate.   Looks "really" nasty outside.  Tomorrow and Tue. it's supposed to get really bad with long track tornadoes and large hail.    Hope we made the rt. decision!! lol
Dan

mfd1027

Be careful out there!!! LOT'S of bad weather all across the country.   I just heard from my partner Tim who's in Ky. and they had 3" hail and a tornado touched down at Morton's Gap which is where I had told him to stay!!!  fortunately he didn't- whew!!   Jim (jones) and him are supposed to go hunting tomorrow but I'm afraid the weather might get in the way.   
Dan

CANLIMBHANGAR

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND WORRY ABOUT THE THUNDER CHICKENS SECOND!!!  sorry about caps
GO NORTH OR GO HOME!!!

mfd1027

Yesterday was a BAD day for a lot of our fellow countrymen.   Pls. say a prayer for all those affected and pls. make a donation to your local Red Cross.
Dan