OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My First Merriam!

Started by Coop1082, May 03, 2018, 05:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

It's certainly a whole different style of hunting! It's incredible how close a gobble can sound only for you to realize he's in fact on the top of a mountain! Certainly a workout getting on them here but it is 100% worth it! We are all having one heck of a time!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

kjnengr

Way to go!!  Beautiful birds and sounds like a good time.

joey46

Great story and pictures.  Congrats.

Marc

I just posted a thread...  Merriam's are on my list.

Great job, and very nice bird to show for it!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Coop1082

Thanks guys! We got awfully close for one of my buddies about 20 minutes ago. Hopefully it pans out shortly!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Swenny

Gorgeous fan!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

WiLL B

Congrats!! Good luck to your Buds!!

3bailey3

Congrats Coop! Awesome hunt I hope y'all all get one! Hey bring that fan back to Al. and pin it up in the Flo- Bama!

Jbird22

Congrats Coop! My bro-in-law lives out there. I might have to "visit" him one day..lol

renegade19

Fantastic pic!  Congrats!

trkehunr93

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PharmHunter

Awesome!  Hopping on an airplane in the morning for my first trip out west to chase them too.

Coop1082

We have ran them silly! We have been on a ton of birds with nothing but 1 kill and a boat load of gobbles to show for it. We got on 3 others that could've/should've broke to the barrel but just didn't. Turkeys doing turkey things and not cooperating when you think they should most. At the end of the day it has been an absolute thrill out here and there is no doubt in my mind that I'll be back. Thank you all for the kind comments!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]