turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

For those who's season has closed

Started by tha bugman, May 03, 2018, 09:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

What are your plans for next season?  Is there something that you did or did not do that you would or would not do next season? 
Three things for me:
1) I plan on taking my kids even more than I did this year
2) Going on a youth weekend camping/hunting trip with my daughter (as per her request)
3) Quick weekend out of state hunting trip-just could not/would not  make the time for it this year   :z-dizzy:

JMalin

I tagged out on April 23rd here in Texas, but my season isn't over per se.  Debating on heading up to Nebraska in late May, and I still have one remaining NM tag, though I doubt I'll make it back before May 10th.  I'm going to do more calling for friends/family, as I've gotten access to a couple more places to hunt in state with good numbers of birds.  I don't foresee tagging out to be a problem next season, so I might as well share the experience out our family ranch.  Not a huge number of birds there, but it's always good for 2-3 toms each spring.

dublelung

I don't plan on doing much different next year than I did this year. I hunted with my son, wife, dad, and grandkids. Also got in a solo out of state hunt and tent camped. I had a blast all season and hope to be able to do it all again. I'm about to hammer down on the coyotes and make a little extra play money for next season so I can hopefully expand my out of state adventures a little bit.

outdoors

Shooting yots and get paid wow
Wish we had that going on Down here
Sounds like a lot excitement 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

fallhnt

Looking foward to Fall turkey hunting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

uarobert

Planning to make my season opener hunting/camping trip even longer(need to stockpile vacation time)

Going to try even harder to get in the backcountry, away from pressure.

And be more decisive and less hesitant about making the decision to move on a bird. I say that every year, though.

Marc

My 7 year-old daughter informed me that she would like to get her hunting license...  Small for her age, but emotionally and intellectually mature for her age...

This summer, if she can pass her Hunter's Safety test, she will be joining me in the field with her own gun (hopefully she grows a bit).  Single-shot .410, and the birds will have to be close.

I am going to work on investigating some of the public land areas, and I am going to knock on some doors for more private access...

I am in deep consideration to travel somewhere to hunt Merriam's in some pretty country....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

kyturkeyhunter4

I tagged out here in Kentucky the first two days of the season and took my son the following week and he did to. So next year I would love two at least hunt two states Tenn, Ohio would be nice.

SinGin

Consentrate on finding some good private ground for next year

Tail Feathers

I have five grandkids.  Up to this season only the oldest two hunted turkeys with me.  Now the others want in.  I'd better do some extra scouting next spring! :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Jbird22

Quote from: dublelung on May 03, 2018, 10:38:06 AM
I don't plan on doing much different next year than I did this year. I hunted with my son, wife, dad, and grandkids. Also got in a solo out of state hunt and tent camped. I had a blast all season and hope to be able to do it all again. I'm about to hammer down on the coyotes and make a little extra play money for next season so I can hopefully expand my out of state adventures a little bit.
I hope we can talk a certain someone into us expanding those adventures way North..lol

I hope to have another good season in my home state. Outside of that, it would be awesome to chase Merriams and Rios for the first time.

ShootingABN!

Hunting 100% public here in Mississippi. I got skunked this year. Never even worked a bird.

Doing different.... Scouting different spots this summer, fall, and winter every chance I get.

Also going to put in for early draw WMA's at better locations.

Anyone want to give me so tips for WMA's down South let me know.

Thanks

kjnengr

I am currently trying to figure out our out of state hunt for a group of buddies and I for next year.

I am going to put in a little more effort into my dad's land next year.  I have always hunted but never more than once or twice due to travelling other places.  I will start there earlier and hopefully put my dad on one there too.

Tomfoolery

Planning on going back to the black hills next year and try to hunt some new public ground here

Spurs Up

1) Did that I will do next season...

Went "old school" ditching the seat/chair; no vest, no backpack

2) Did that I won't do next season...

Be tempted to tote a decoy with all that space and weight savings

3) Didn't that I will do next season...

Hunt west of the Mississippi River, Lord (and wife) willing

4) Didn't that won't do next season...

Hunt w/o my Thermacell down South