turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Irving Whitt Boxes

Started by hunter22, May 02, 2018, 04:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Did I say I was a real fan of Whitt's work. Four of these were Whitt's personal hunting calls.

Happy hooker

Gorgeous!!
I bought my first witt classic style with the spearheaded paddle box this year,,figured it would be a delicate look good sit on the display case deal,,but those are built solid and sound great I'm going to carry one in my vest a few times but I'm worried if I trip will I stab myself :o

hunter22

His square boxes are great hunting calls. So easy to run.

Chris O

Beautiful calls hunter which one is your favorite? I like the looks of the traditional looking paddle the best but that's just me. Thanks for sharing

hunter22

My favorite hunting calls in the group are a walnut over mahogany square box and a walnut over willow classic box. But I would hunt any of them other than the carved call. It sounds good but too fancy to have not.

drenalinld

I have a few KILLER boxes from Whitt! All Walnut and Maple over Sassafrass are my favorites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter22

Quote from: drenalinld on May 02, 2018, 06:33:38 PM
I have a few KILLER boxes from Whitt! All Walnut and Maple over Sassafrass are my favorites!

Yes you do! They sound great.

Chris O

I am always listening when you talk hunter!!! That is the first I have heard of willow for a box or any turkey call for that matter. Kind of like the lilac striker . Thanks for sharing some of your collection

Tomstopper522

Those are really nice looking boxes!!

yelpy

Whitt makes a fine box. His calls were hot a few years back. Not sure what happened but you don't hear much talk about them any more.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

sbbow

Very nice Rickey thanks for sharing.

2nd 100

Mr Irving has just got back in the shop,
Medical problems had him sidelined for over 8 months. He is slowly but surely starting to get some calls out . one of the old time greats . Never picked up one of his calls that I would not hunt with tomorrow morning. !

mgm1955

coyote1

Some fine looking calls! The one with the painted gobbler is awesome.

Yowthe