OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 12 ga 500, 20" Barrel Carlson's flush fit XF tube Rem Nitro 6's (Success Pics!)  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Divenut2

Tried out some 3" Rem Nitro #6 through my 30 something year old 500 12 gauge With 20" and Barrel Carlson's flush fit Extra-Full tube. Picked up the Rem Nitro #6's & #5's at Basspro for $8 and some change a box. Figured I try them out. Not too bad at 30 yards. The #5's patterned very nicely as well but I F'd up the picture. Gonna give them a shot when I head up north to try and fill a couple tags. Not stellar compared to some tighter choked, higher end loads, but at the close ranges I shoot (Hardwoods and Cedar Wetlands) it should get the job done. :gobble:

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:40:03 AM by Divenut2 »
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Offline HFultzjr

• The Boss Gobbler
Nothing wrong with that combo.
 :newmascot:

Offline Divenut2

Yep. I was pleasantly surprised with the results given the relatively open, .690, choke tube and bargain basement priced shells.  At $8+ change a box of 10 rounds I'm pretty pleased. Looking forward to getting in the woods to try them out on some birds!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 11:05:08 AM by Divenut2 »
Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

Offline roverboy

That looks just fine. A lot of guys like to brag about how many shot they can put on a target but, you should be fine with that.
Listen for the gobble

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
I would hunt with that.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Offline BrowningGuy88

• Longbeard
I would hunt with that.

I’ve hunted with worse! I didn’t know it was worse cause we never patterned but I’ve shot my old combos recently and wondered how the heck I ever killed a bird!

Offline Divenut2

Well, them cheap $8,  3" Rem Nitro #6 did the trick.  Doubled the 1st morning. They both dropped on the spot, almost on top of each other! LOL

Be well folks

Offline Divenut2

Pic 2

Offline Divenut2

Happy Hunter! (Before plucking them LOL!)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:10:08 PM by Divenut2 »

Offline daddyduke

• Double Beard
Congrats! Love getting them cheap shells!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.