OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Off to a good start for IA 3rd season

Started by tree-rat sniper, May 01, 2018, 11:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-rat sniper

Got lucky yesterday afternoon, spooked a group of 12 birds, climbed the neighbors treestand to get a better view and ended up calling back 3 longbeards, this one had the longest beard (11"). I'm hoping to run into one of the other two during 4th season.  ;)
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

tree-rat sniper

Forgot to mention, the bird weighed 24 lbs. Right spur was 1" left was 1-1/8". 2nd bird from a tree-stand, 5th in a row during the afternoon.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

tomstopper

Nice. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

tree-rat sniper

Thanks guys! On the way to work this morning, I saw a bruiser on some ground I have permission to hunt...hopefully my luck will hold out during 4th season.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: tree-rat sniper on May 02, 2018, 10:23:08 PM
Thanks guys! On the way to work this morning, I saw a bruiser on some ground I have permission to hunt...hopefully my luck will hold out during 4th season.
Congrats !!! Work?? Whats work??4th season started today!!Lol..

oakraidia

Congrats and good luck during 4th season!  I'm looking forward to getting out there 4th season too!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Tomstopper522

Tracker12

What is generally considered the best zone in IA

oakraidia

Quote from: Tracker12 on May 03, 2018, 08:11:01 AM
Zone 4 is probably the best, followed by zone 6.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

tree-rat sniper

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 02, 2018, 10:37:41 PM
Quote from: tree-rat sniper on May 02, 2018, 10:23:08 PM
Congrats !!! Work?? Whats work??4th season started today!!Lol..

I hear ya, all this work gets in the way of the important stuff!   ;)

tree-rat sniper

Quote from: Tracker12 on May 03, 2018, 08:11:01 AM

Can't say for sure, I haven't turkey hunted anywhere but my neighborhood for the past decade... looks like I'm in zone 8 btw.

wernerjd

captpete

Congrats on  nice bird! I have never hunted them form a treestand other than in the fall when I'm bowhunting deer. Then I'm not really hunting them, it's more of ambushing one it I get a chance at one.

I'm itching to get out 4th season also, but it's not going happen.  :(  Between a wedding, Mother's Day, the wife's birthday(party) and a couple of other commitments, I have one day I can hunt. That would be the afternoon of the last day...well as of right now I don't have anything planned for me that afternoon.