turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tough Season... so far

Started by kytrkyhntr, April 30, 2018, 07:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobofly

man you are not kidding, ive gone out twice so far and have not had anything close.  im going out tomorrow to a different spot.  good luck to you guys!!

spurman

Very hard season, hunted LBL 6 days never saw a gobbler. Private ground I only saw 2 gobblers all season. Livingston and Crittenden predicting the lowest harvest in 20 years.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Gobbler428

Really strange season in South Carolina. In the beginning of the season, birds would gobble on the limb, fly down and shut up. This continued for several weeks and I got lucky on 4/5 and was in the right place at the right time to call a longbeard up the ridge from a creek bottom at 2:20pm. He actually answered my call and came in on a string looking for me. After one tag filled. I hunted almost every day and would occasionally hear a gobble on the roost but most days I heard nothing. I saw hens on several occasions, up in the day out feeding but that's it. The last week of the season I heard a total of three birds gobble on the limb and that was all. I also could not find tracks or other signs of birds on roads or in the creek bottoms and ridge tops where I've seen them in past years. I am hunting private land. several different tracks which I've hunted for nearly 15 years. it's like the birds are not there but history and trail cameras tell me they are or at least were there prior to the season beginning. Like I said, strange season in South Carolina.

Harty

Things seem to be going well in Wisconsin though the weather is up and down. They excepted good success though with a good influx of two year olds due to the last two mild winters. I took off all seven days of my period then shot my Tom on opening. My Wife loved that! She now has me working like a dog

KYHeadhunter02

Tag soup for me in KY. I honestly didn't hit it as hard as I normally do. I hunted a new to me property so it was tough trying to put the puzzle together. I Kinda got out of the mood going and not hearing birds. I think the season ran a bit early with how the birds acted. The last weekend I heard birds gobbling well after flydown, but unfortunately on the neighbors.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kylongspur88

It was rough. Baf weather and low numbers...I managed to tag one. I could have filled the other but the bird was across the property line and I didn't have permission to hunt on them. Overall bird numbers were down in a lot of places and this was honestly the first season I didn't see one single Jake. I'm worried next season may be rough too.