OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

PA Public Land Pressure

Started by donjuan, April 29, 2018, 10:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donjuan

What do you all find for public land pressure within an hour radius of Harrisburg? Unbearable? Not looking for your honey hole, just curious of areas like SGL 170 and 242 I grew up hunting but haven't been since moving.
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

Uncle Nicky

I think it all depends on what your tolerance level is. I've hunted the big woods in PA ( Sproul, Allegany Forest, Moshannon) and didn't find it too bad. In the Poconos or SEPA where I live, I wouldn't even bother, every parking lot will have trucks in it, especially on Saturdays. I can't speak specifically of the area you are referring to, but I hope this helps.

The Southpaw

Depends on where you are at. Close to Harrisburg, I would say there will be a lot of pressure. As you get farther away the pressure will decrease. There is a lot of public land around where I hunt and there are days where I have 10,000 acres to myself.

RAU

only advice I can offer is to pick bigger tracts of public land and get back in a ways if your able. Pressure almost always decreases the further you get in off the road