OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lookin good for next year

Started by WNCTracker, April 27, 2018, 03:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Today I got out and there were no roosted gobblers in the usual spot. They were several hundred yards and lots of steep climbs away. So I set off after them. It was still early. There were two different groups at opposing ends of the field. A group of jakes and group of Toms. The Tom's flew down to a field further away and off property. The jakes flew down to a field I have access to. I dropped down and followed the ridge several hundred yards and tried to lay eyes on the toms. They'd moved in the wrong direction. So I called a few times. Walked a little. Called again etc. about 9:30 there was a bird the had just popped his head over the grassy ridge 80 yards away. Through the binoculars I could see he was a jake. So I decided to have a little fun. I had great cover so I went through every diaphragm I have, a few pot calls and in the end there were 7 jakes  between 20-40 yards. I only have one tag left and the season is early so I am going to keep working on one that I've been after so far this year. But 7 jakes together was a lot of fun to hear gobbling so close.  Really great day to be out hunting today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MS Boy

Great day for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk