turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sir-diealot got me thinking. How did you pick your screen name

Started by Coroner01, April 27, 2018, 07:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

I was born and raised in Northern California and with all of the invasion of retirees from elsewhere I thought northern California local or for short NCL

WNCTracker

Quote from: Gumby on April 28, 2018, 12:57:05 AM
Nickname from my days playing baseball. Started in High School and stuck all the way through college ball and beyond. A guy named me that because of the way I threw a baseball. Said my arm bent like I was Gumby and so it was from then on.
I figured you were a dentist or something haha. Guess I put too much thought into it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

I'm originally from KY but been in GA for 22 years now.  I used to travel and research indigenous or native peoples of the south Pacific mostly in the western Solomon Islands.  I studied and published articles about ancient witchcraft and sorcery, ritual warfare, predatory headhunting, and material culture.  No I am not a follower of these things I just wanted to understand them and it fascinated me.  It eventually led to a deep and dark underworld that I would never return to. In the village I was known as Tie Vaka Basioto which is "white man crocodile" in the Roviana language because I always wanted to see their large crocs in the lagoons surrounding the islands. The  areas I visited were probably more dangerous than anywhere I went even when I was in the Marines.  And since there is an old country band called the Kentucky Headhunters I thought it would be appropriate.  And it sorta relates to turkey hunting.  Sounds crazy I know. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

wade

Quote from: J.D. Shellnut on April 27, 2018, 01:27:34 PM
I'm chief of police in small town that encourages asylum patients to become lawn mower mechanics. I use to play cards with Doyle Hargraves till some nut killed him with lawn a mower blade that's a murder I never did solve. But anywho! And Wade already took Wade so JD it is! And I'm STILL looking for a 2018 patch. Steeler fan gave me one, put it on my vest and it was stolen from the carwash. But I like this thread.

I'm trying to understand how JD Shellnut relates to Slingblade. Been a while since I've seen the movie.
Do it outdoors

greencop01

I am a retired  Sgt from the Mass Environmental Police (game warden) and our uniforms were green, ergo greencop1 since I was the first one with handle.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

mightyjoeyoung

My wife calls me Mighty Joe Young.   I'll leave it at that... :emoticon-animal-005: :you_rock: ;D
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

davisd9

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on April 29, 2018, 09:57:07 AM
I'm originally from KY but been in GA for 22 years now.  I used to travel and research indigenous or native peoples of the south Pacific mostly in the western Solomon Islands.  I studied and published articles about ancient witchcraft and sorcery, ritual warfare, predatory headhunting, and material culture.  No I am not a follower of these things I just wanted to understand them and it fascinated me.  It eventually led to a deep and dark underworld that I would never return to. In the village I was known as Tie Vaka Basioto which is "white man crocodile" in the Roviana language because I always wanted to see their large crocs in the lagoons surrounding the islands. The  areas I visited were probably more dangerous than anywhere I went even when I was in the Marines.  And since there is an old country band called the Kentucky Headhunters I thought it would be appropriate.  And it sorta relates to turkey hunting.  Sounds crazy I know.

That is pretty awesome!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Gumby

Quote from: WNCTracker on April 29, 2018, 08:58:52 AM
Quote from: Gumby on April 28, 2018, 12:57:05 AM
Nickname from my days playing baseball. Started in High School and stuck all the way through college ball and beyond. A guy named me that because of the way I threw a baseball. Said my arm bent like I was Gumby and so it was from then on.
I figured you were a dentist or something haha. Guess I put too much thought into it...

I actually am so good guess!

WNCTracker

No way?!?  That's hilarious. Double entendres.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RAU

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

J.D. Shellnut

Quote from: wade on April 29, 2018, 12:10:32 PM
Quote from: J.D. Shellnut on April 27, 2018, 01:27:34 PM
I'm chief of police in small town that encourages asylum patients to become lawn mower mechanics. I use to play cards with Doyle Hargraves till some nut killed him with lawn a mower blade that's a murder I never did solve. But anywho! And Wade already took Wade so JD it is! And I'm STILL looking for a 2018 patch. Steeler fan gave me one, put it on my vest and it was stolen from the carwash. But I like this thread.

I'm trying to understand how JD Shellnut relates to Slingblade. Been a while since I've seen the movie.
When Doyle and his band are practicing the neighbor tells them to keep it down or hes gonna call the cops. Doyle shouts something and says (I play cards with JD Shellnut chief of police! lol)
60% of the time it works every time!

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

the Ward

Mine is from my nickname bestowed on me almost 30 years ago. Really enjoyed reading the stories behind every ones screen names. Great thread!