turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sir-diealot got me thinking. How did you pick your screen name

Started by Coroner01, April 27, 2018, 07:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

I've always been interested in the medieval times in history and my wife has always told me that I go hunting to much, so there you go.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Marc

I am on a duck hunting forum (as waterfowling is probably my first passion) under the screen name of Squaller...  It was an attempt at self-deprecating humor as to my calling skills...

As time has passed, I noticed other members who simply used their first name, and it seems that it makes a more personal connection...  Being that my first name has a different spelling, it was not taken on these forums, so I just went with my given name...  Which is a far better choice than what most people call me...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

bbcoach

I played baseball in grade and high school so when my friend's sons and mine started playing Little League, we started coaching.  We coached together for 10 years and I moved on to Middle School baseball and eventually on to JV, Varsity and Junior Legion baseball, so it was only natural to be bbcoach.  I've probably coached well over 20 years of my adult life.  Very enjoyable and rewarding.

Divenut2

Love fishing and Deer hunting (Shotgun, Muzzleloader & Pistol). Recently became addicted to Turkey Hunting.

J.D. Shellnut

I'm chief of police in small town that encourages asylum patients to become lawn mower mechanics. I use to play cards with Doyle Hargraves till some nut killed him with lawn a mower blade that's a murder I never did solve. But anywho! And Wade already took Wade so JD it is! And I'm STILL looking for a 2018 patch. Steeler fan gave me one, put it on my vest and it was stolen from the carwash. But I like this thread.
60% of the time it works every time!

KYFrid

My last name is Fridley and people have always used Frid as a nickname for me. Just decided to add KY to it for the state i live in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Here is my story and the lead up to me telling it that I copied from the other thread.

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 26, 2018, 06:53:47 PM

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on April 26, 2018, 06:44:04 PM

Heck you can't even go mismatched. It looks like you lost all the right hands. Lol...I think guesswho is onto something... :TooFunny:

Yea I like to ....... nose pick while I am sitting in the blind.

Have You thought of changing your O.G.name to Sir-picksalot...???

Naw, can't do that, name means something to me. Guess I will explain it, The Sir in my name comes from a book my mother got me when I was young on knights and armor. Dude gets knighted and becomes Sir so and so. The diealot (Die a lot) came from several friend but mainly one. When I had my car accident back in 2001 I could not hunt due to pain, I had a hard time standing, sitting, or laying down but I found well padded office chairs gave relief. Well I wound up also getting into computers and computer gaming as many of my friends were into it. My friend Jerry used to pick on me all the time, he would say "Man you die a lot" constantly because well it was true. I combined the two interest together to come up with Sir-diealot My mother had already passed in 95 and Jerry died as a result of burns he got at a campfire one night 14 years ago this Sept. 7 He was one of the best friends I have ever had in my life, could start an argument with you and then turn around in the middle of the argument and make a wise comment and make you start laughing so hard you would cry. I have tried to do as much as I could with his kids though my pain has limited me, I love taking them fishing when I can but right now the vehicle is down. Neither boy is into hunting and his daughters mother moved them to FL which breaks my heart because the daughter and I had a very special relationship, truth be told she had me wrapped around her little finger. So this is why on just about every forum I am on I use my gamer tag to honor and remember them both.
Edit: The only other name I have used on forums came before this name and that came about as my eBay name which is Far-outdude and there is no reason behind it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

lil foot

hello all, new to the forum thing. my father was known as big foot in his CB radio club and therefore i was lil foot. he passed a few years back.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: lil foot on April 27, 2018, 01:43:07 PM
hello all, new to the forum thing. my father was known as big foot in his CB radio club and therefore i was lil foot. he passed a few years back.
Welcome to the forums. Ah C.B.'s used to love him, my father gave me the handle Ball Bearing because I would ruin them in my bike all the time when I was a kid. When I got older I became Tank Driver because I drove a big old 77 Chrysler New Yorker with a 440 in it, which was shortened to Tanker or just Tank
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sixes

My screen name was taken from where I live. It's a community in North Georgia where I was born, raised and still reside. My family helped settle this area in the early 1800s.

ol bob

Gobble!

Tail Feathers

I just tried to think of a handle that was turkey related.  I was probably looking at a tailfan mount when I registered... ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Bowguy on April 27, 2018, 10:33:29 AM
I have many passions. Turkey, ducks, hounds, bird dogs, etc, etc but I've been shooting a bow since 1970. I am an archery instructor, hunter ed instructor teaching the archery courses mainly. The bow is my oldest passion next to fishing. Comes between something w scales and something feathered or furred, I'm going hunting. I do like bowfishing though!!
Bowguy it was. Turkeys are prob my next longest passion at early 80s.

X2 on the Bowfishin' as soon as turkey season is over I'm on the water AKA Backwater Bowfishin'

I am the Original MK M GOBL and have been "copied" a number of times.

My MK M GOBL came as a group of us getting vanity plates in WI for it's sesquicentennial. We all picked out turkey plates I got my first choice, I actually won a NWTF Contest for Vanity Plates with it!

And I can Make Em Gobble ;)

I have a few AKA's as well.
But back to that Bowfishing thing!!

MK M GOBL

Dr Juice