Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Finally got it done!

Started by wvmntnhick, April 22, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

After a couple cases of misfortune, I've managed to get on the board this morning. I've managed to blow 2 golden opportunities on 2 very good birds but managed to get this one on the ground today. Was hunting with a buddy of mine and we both rolled out with birds over our shoulders today. It was super cool too because his bird was his first ever. Anyway, pics are on the scoring thread. Congrats to all who have scored already and those still to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hookedspur

Congrats  Kris great bird , glad it came together for you..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wvmntnhick

Thanks Steve, me too. Was starting to get worried after the mishaps on Monday and Thursday.

Roost 1

Congrats man, I've been wondering how your season is going. I'll be hunting near Princeton WV Wed and Thurs..

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Roost 1 on April 22, 2018, 05:21:53 PM
Congrats man, I've been wondering how your season is going. I'll be hunting near Princeton WV Wed and Thurs..
Thanks man and if I could find a way to keep from messing up a good thing, I'm certain that two of the birds I've managed to mess up on were bigger than this one. But, I'm satisfied with the one I've got. No complaints at all. Good luck in the Princeton area.

Roost 1

Just saw the score congrats again on a toad!!

Dr Juice

Congrats brother. Pls share some pics with us. I'm getting edgy to get at it on 5/1.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Dr Juice on April 22, 2018, 05:33:30 PM
Congrats brother. Pls share some pics with us. I'm getting edgy to get at it on 5/1.
Honestly, I was kinda rushing this morning to get it done and get to church. There are pics in the scoring thread of the measurements but I didn't get to take many glory shots. Here's about the best I've got.

Dr Juice

Looks like you can paint your home with that paintbrush. Congrats

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Dr Juice on April 22, 2018, 08:35:11 PM
Looks like you can paint your home with that paintbrush. Congrats
U should've seen the bird Thursday bud. This things a toothpick comparatively speaking.

vicksburg

]

BOFF

WOOHOO!!

Congrats on a fine bird!

So glad it finally came together for you and your friend!

God Bless,
David B.

wvmntnhick

As were we. It was a good hunt overall. Lots of fun and almost too fast to enjoy. Almost! Haha.