turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Look'n good until

Started by 2eagles, April 18, 2018, 04:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

Monday's Iowa opener amounted to me watching snow melt. Tuesday was predicted to be sunny and temp in the 40's. I got settled in in time to hear the first gobbles of the day. I had two birds to my south and two or maybe three to my east, all within 200 yards. My sweet talking had the two south of me on the ground coming my way. Then my hunt went bad. Four deer were being chased by a yote and they almost ran over Tom and his friend. That ended that, but I still had the other birds. In the commotion, one flew up into a tree and when he came down, he and another skirted my decoys and left.
It's snowing again now with 6 inches predicted. I didn't even bother going out today but planning on getting back tomorrow to watch more snow melt.

tomstopper

Good luck when you get back out there. Can you shoot coyotes rite now in your state? If so you could always eliminate him....

1iagobblergetter

Sounds like you got real close.The weather has been far from kind also. Stay after them and may the Turkey Gods shine down on you.  :you_rock:

zelmo1

Stick with it bro, you will get it right