OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SouthEast Ohio report?

Started by bghunter777, April 17, 2018, 10:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bghunter777

I am planning to be in South East Ohio around Athens the first week of the season. I am traveling up from Texas and curious how the birds are acting? I know its cold but looks to be a better forecast next week any info is appreciated Gobbling activity birds breaking up from winter flocks etc?

perrytrails

I'm a hour from Athens. Haven't been scouting since last week. Working too much...

The colder temps and rain are making them sluggish but they are split up with hens and not talking much after fly down.

Weather does look stable here next week

darron

I scouted an adjoining county Saturday and birds were on fire. I'm about 45 min from Athens.

tomstopper

Quote from: perrytrails on April 17, 2018, 03:52:41 PM
I'm a hour from Athens. Haven't been scouting since last week. Working too much...

The colder temps and rain are making them sluggish but they are split up with hens and not talking much after fly down.

Weather does look stable here next week
You near Tippecanoe. If I remember rite, your not in that area

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

perrytrails

I'm in New Lexington, 60 miles se of Columbus.

tomstopper

Ok.i am heading to Tippecanoe on Sunday morning after work and the weather prediction looks good for that area. Good luck

perrytrails

Quote from: tomstopper on April 17, 2018, 07:23:39 PM
Ok.i am heading to Tippecanoe on Sunday morning after work and the weather prediction looks good for that area. Good luck

Good luck to ya, here's hoping they are fired up where your hunting Monday.

Talked to a friend today, he said they were tight lipped after fly down this morning.

I'm headed to Kentucky to hunt in the morning, be home Sunday night for the opener here in Ohio Monday.

Good luck guys

tomstopper

Same to you man

tomstopper

Got one here today in NC (pics are in the general forum)  and after having to take all of last year off from taking a new job and relocating, I am pumped for Ohio. I love hunting there.

snapper1982

Birds have been talking off and on and doing their thing. Looks like you will hit good weather.

Quote from: perrytrails on April 17, 2018, 07:20:44 PM

Grew up in Mount Perry and live in McConnelsville. What do you think about the governor destroying the forest. 

perrytrails

Quote from: snapper1982 on April 17, 2018, 08:31:54 PM
Birds have been talking off and on and doing their thing. Looks like you will hit good weather.

Grew up in Mount Perry and live in McConnelsville. What do you think about the governor destroying the forest.

He doesn't seem to care at all. Starting on Perry state forest , timbering and strip mining. Several groups have tried to fight it. Not much success I hear.

perrytrails

Quote from: tomstopper on April 17, 2018, 08:07:38 PM
Got one here today in NC (pics are in the general forum)  and after having to take all of last year off from taking a new job and relocating, I am pumped for Ohio. I love hunting there.

Congrats on your bird!!

tomstopper

Thanks man.

snapper1982

Quote from: perrytrails on April 17, 2018, 09:08:04 PM
Quote from: snapper1982 on April 17, 2018, 08:31:54 PM

He doesn't seem to care at all. Starting on Perry state forest , timbering and strip mining. Several groups have tried to fight it. Not much success I hear.

Makes me sick every time I go through there.