turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Public land Osceola down... finally

Started by TURKEYWHACKER, April 15, 2018, 07:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TURKEYWHACKER

Well it finally happened, after 7 days split between 2 hard to draw WMA's and 2 fruitless days on a romp and stomp non quota public land hunt. On Saturday April 14th I scored. Not my biggest Osceola, but possibly my hardest earned. 17lbs 4ozs, matching 1 3/8" spurs and a 9 1/8" beard. Taken on a wide open, non quota heavily hunted WMA. Thankful to have him. Actually missed him, then called him back 10 minutes later and rolled him. :z-guntootsmiley:

sasquatch1

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

DP42912

roverboy

Congrats. Awesome that you called him back in.
Listen for the gobble

POk3s

Congratulations on quite an accomplishment!

surehuntsalot

that's what I'm talking about....congrats
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gobble!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

joey46

Big congrats!  FL public land birds always tough. 

zelmo1

Hard earned birds are the best brother, Congrats on a great bird. Al Baker

Beards n bbq

congrats on a very nice bird, glad to see late season birds are still possible.  work schedule says tomorrow will be my last shot at one, hope local weather has not shut them down.  if you dont mind me asking, was the bird vocal in the morning or did you roost him the night before.  not hearing many gobbles in the morning were i'm at on a local wma.  have a couple promising areas and fired up some hens but no toms yet

Ross R

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!