turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

4-15-18 VA Bird

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, April 15, 2018, 03:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Me and my dad headed out to a farm we hunt.  Well as the trend continues from opening day the gobbling was about nonexistent.  After waiting for a while for a silent bird we headed back to the truck, once back at the farm house sure enough there were 2 strutters and a few hens out in a green field a couple hundred yards from the parked truck.  Knowing the direction the birds usually travel I headed behind the birds and made a big circle to cut them off.  After setting up and giving some soft calls, I could see the 2 longbeards strutting my in a field to my left.  They hung around in the same spot for about 30 minutes just strutting in circles.  After a while they finally broke for the treeline I was on and crossed into the field in front of me, as they crossed the field they walked right in front of me and I shot the lead bird.  First 2 days have been a little tough with not much gobbling but I'll take a silent strutter just as long as I can keep an eye on him.

19.5 pounds, 10 inch beard, 1 1/8 spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckmark13

Congrats!  I'll be down in the Appomattox area towards the end of the week and next weekend. Hope to at least hear some. What part of the state are you in?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Congrats on a nice bird.

Vaturkeyhntr

Quote from: buckmark13 on April 15, 2018, 03:08:38 PM
Congrats!  I'll be down in the Appomattox area towards the end of the week and next weekend. Hope to at least hear some. What part of the state are you in?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I got this one in Prince William County

kyturkeyhunter4

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

TJK68

mtns2hunt

Congrats, Awesome picture
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

SteelerFan

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

renegade19