turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Range finder recommendations

Started by Bennett, April 15, 2018, 08:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennett

I lost my range finder and need some recommendations on a new one. Thanks!

Brian Fahs

I have a leica crf900. Compact and tough as nails. Doesn't  hurt it also is a leica.....

eorlando

I have a Leica as well. My only gripe is it won't range anything black for some odd reason. Black hogs no bueno. I called Leica and they said nothing was wrong with it. I thought it was strange though. I also have Leica Ultravid HD binos and love them. Leica makes quality stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kyturkeyhunter4

I've got a wildgame halo range finder it ranges out to 800 yards for the money you can't go wrong. I think I got mine for $99 bucks and I've had it for two years and had no issues with it.

mightyjoeyoung

That would depend I guess on what you lost and what you want to spend... For $200 and under the only real comparison for me would be how good the display is, how far you plan on using it and how much zoom you want.  Can  the readout be seen in low light?  Is there TOO MUCH zoom, that can cause you 5o lose you quarry and make low light use frustrating at best.  There's a few decent models by WGI, Bushnell and Nikon in that price range.  Over that, Nikon 7 series, Bushnell Trophy, Lieca and Leupold all make fantastic range finders for $300 +.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

land cruiser

+1 on Leica. Good deals on older models such as 1000-R

Rem Man

Leupold 1000!! Great price and never fails! Used it for hunting and my law enforcement career and swat and works flawlessly!!!

Daveb