OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Can't Believe What I Just Watched

Started by MK M GOBL, April 11, 2018, 11:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

If you want to hunt this way, have at it.  The obvious inherent danger isnt even arguable.  If you think otherwise you are kiddong yourself.  However, Im not particularly concerned with your safety.

I do however, believe it is a distasteful way to hunt.  It clearly overly exploits a weakness in a tom's mental capacity.  I rate it right up there with roost shooting or spotlighting deer.  But...... your right, it's legal, so have at it.  But dont expect all of us to call it hunting and swoon over your stack of "reaped" toms.

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Grey Owl

Gooserbat

To quote Forest Gump...Momma always said....
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gamblinman

No way after reading some of the comments from turkey hunters on Facebook. I'll never hunt public land again. Anything that moves is a target.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Gobble!

dublelung

With what turkey killing has become I don't see how anyone could be shocked at the antics some "hunters" use to kill a turkey. From full flocks of dekes to animated moving turkey parts, to crawling into a shooting house and bushwacking. It's not about calling turkeys anymore, it's simply about making them die at any cost.

WNCTracker

This just seems totally unnecessary on multiple levels

mikejd

If done properly on pressured public land all while using a gobble call the rush can be incredible.

dublelung

Quote from: mikejd on April 12, 2018, 08:27:17 AM
If done properly on pressured public land all while using a gobble call the rush can be incredible.

:toothy12: ;D :fud: :agreed:

tomstopper

Not for me....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

surehuntsalot

idiots wasting air that you and I could be breathing
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Sir-diealot

Quote from: dublelung on April 12, 2018, 08:02:53 AM
With what turkey killing has become I don't see how anyone could be shocked at the antics some "hunters" use to kill a turkey. From full flocks of dekes to animated moving turkey parts, to crawling into a shooting house and bushwacking. It's not about calling turkeys anymore, it's simply about making them die at any cost.
If you don't think calling is involved while being in a blind then you are nuts. Some of us no longer have a choice but to hunt that way and it is far from a sure thing.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RemingtonRules

Quote from: gergg on April 11, 2018, 12:49:05 PM
I had a guy last year "sneak up" on me with one of those reaping motion tail feather things, while gobbling to my calling....he popped over a little ridge at 40 yards and it looked like a turkey as he had a red/white/black Georgia bulldog emblem hat on peeking over/through the fan. This was on public land, and he had his nephew doing the same thing......geez....Oh yeah, they had their guns drawn in my direction which elicited a yell from me, I gave them an earful about how crazy dangerous that was.

UGA fan explains everything.

TauntoHawk

YouTube is killing turkey hunting

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>