turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I Can't Believe What I Just Watched

Started by MK M GOBL, April 11, 2018, 11:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Don't know where to even start with this, but I just watched a video of a guy who attached a "reaping" decoy he custom made to his head so he could go "hands free"...

MK M GOBL

Bowguy

HookedonHooks

As long as he's hunting on private, I'm not gonna knock the guy for getting inventive. While I still don't practice this method of turkey hunting, I'm not gonna hold against someone for doing it, it's probably a huge rush. The only imminent danger would be someone shooting a rifle at you, but odds are if they're using a rifle, they're using a scope and should see the lump of person behind the decoy.

Interesting to see none the less, and definitely could be considered stupid given the circumstances.

tha bugman

I saw a guy last weekend walking down a road with a full strut decoy with a real fan on public land, no bag no orange, just carrying it in his hand.  Not me....

pabossie255

Had a guy shoot my decoy with a 222 so your not going to catch me with one of those on my head.

1iagobblergetter

daddyduke

I worry about all the new hunters without experience seeing this. Especially the younger ones who are fearless and think they are immortal. I think they are setting a really bad example. :z-twocents:
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

davisd9

I try to worry about how I hunt and really do not care about the next guy's methods as long as it is within the limits of the law.  It may not be how I want to hunt, but we all take certain risks and it is up for each individual hunter to decide for themselves.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

trkehunr93

They call this thinning of the herd. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Tide pod eater of turkey hunters  :TrainWreck1:, just my  :z-twocents:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zelmo1 on April 11, 2018, 12:13:08 PM
Tide pod eater of turkey hunters  :TrainWreck1:, just my  :z-twocents:
Could be one of those condom snorters too!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

stinkpickle

bbcoach

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  States will start banning this type of hunting REAL soon!!!!!

gergg

I had a guy last year "sneak up" on me with one of those reaping motion tail feather things, while gobbling to my calling....he popped over a little ridge at 40 yards and it looked like a turkey as he had a red/white/black Georgia bulldog emblem hat on peeking over/through the fan. This was on public land, and he had his nephew doing the same thing......geez....Oh yeah, they had their guns drawn in my direction which elicited a yell from me, I gave them an earful about how crazy dangerous that was.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls