OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

GOinG to give my Bow another try

Started by kevin2, April 09, 2018, 02:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

Well, I didn't hunt last spring, but I did get licenses for the last couple fall hunts. Had a golden opportunity with my bow while on stand last fall, but since I didn't call them in, it just seemed to easy once the group passed my stand at 8-9 yards. No twigs or anything in my way, I was drawn down on this flock AND had several stop right in front of me! GO figure! Took a deer later that day.

So, I'm still after my 1st Gobbler with my bow.

Calling them in has been the biggest rush, so I'll see how my luck goes in a couple weeks.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

kevin2

turkeyhunter91

good luck, i love hunting them with a bow. i killed 1 opening weekend with my bow and had a couple close calls, i actually shot the feathers off of one's neck, my broadhead must have turned perfectly sideways to trim the feathers but not a drop of blood. i started packing a shotgun the last few days of season and i shot right beside hs head with my bow and ended up killing him with my shotgun. so this year i'm gonna use bullheads for when i'm in the blind and rages for running and gunning.

kevin2

I use my Extreme RAGE for everything, but that Bullhead looks nasty! MIGHT have to get a 3 pack. I trimmed feathers off 2 Turkies in recent years, no blood. SO close. Shot gun is in the blind, they are dead. So, I'm eager to get one with the bow. HOPE this is my year. I have a new spot stacked out that might be better for my bow. We shall see!

Quote from: turkeyhunter91 on April 09, 2018, 03:35:31 PM
good luck, i love hunting them with a bow. i killed 1 opening weekend with my bow and had a couple close calls, i actually shot the feathers off of one's neck, my broadhead must have turned perfectly sideways to trim the feathers but not a drop of blood. i started packing a shotgun the last few days of season and i shot right beside hs head with my bow and ended up killing him with my shotgun. so this year i'm gonna use bullheads for when i'm in the blind and rages for running and gunning.

High plains drifter

I have got ine bird withmy pse.Last year i hit a tree, while shooting at a bird.