News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Muck Boots--Opinions?

Started by gatrapper, April 08, 2018, 09:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I'm in need of a good uninsulated rubber farm boot to wear around my property and garden. It seems like a lot of folks really like Muck Boots. I'm looking for something that isn't up to my knees like my rubber hunting boots.

What boot do y'all recommend and if its a Muck boot, what model?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

frank1969

Check out dry shod boots. The original owner of much started making them, the quality is better that the original much before he sold out. The quality of today's mucks are garbage in my opinion

zelmo1

We love ours, both parents and all3 kids

Tail Feathers

I love mine.  I have the basic model and have hunted in them.  If I'm not planning on walking a ton I'll wear them on wet days.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

fallhnt

Dont walk in anything more than 3in high winter wheat and they will last a season or two.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Go G.W.

They aren't made well anymore. I still have several pairs and have had to glue soles back on, sides back on, and patch various other parts on the soles. They just plain aren't made like they used to be.

dublelung

I like them in the fact they're very comfortable and warm if you have the Woody Max. I dislike the fact they don't do well with beaver sticks, barbwire fences, or heavy thorns.

TauntoHawk

Have not found a rubbed boot that does not chew my heals for lunch

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

I liked the Muck Boots that I have owned.  Seemed to fit fine, but I didn't like the lower top.  I tend to have some high water in areas that I hunt and I needed those extra inches! :TooFunny:

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

dutch@fx4

I have the muck Arctic Sports been wearing them for a few years now no issues

sbbow

Woody max for the winter an field blazers for warmer weather just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdfester

Worse thing I have have found was they screech like a basketball shoe on wet rocks and sticks. My Burlys did not and were more comfortable to me.

chbarnha

As a supporter of several animal rights and anti hunting groups I will not support them, and lacrosse aeroheads or grange are much better boots in my opinion

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

Gobblestopper

Currently on year 4 of my second pair of Woody Max boots
They fit my feet and lower leg with pants tucked in like a glove and have good arch support for a rubber boot. For me I have not found a more comfortable boot
Have to agree that the new ones are not as good as the older ones.  I believe this is probably due to using less expensive Urethane and more cheap PVC in the compound for the lower.
Both pairs suffered their share of dings and dents but neither have ever leaked. Highly recommend use of a product called Freesole made by McNett for any repairs and to use a chunk of zip loc bag over the wet glue to smooth down/tool the repair. plastic peels right off once the freesole dries.
Too hot for doing much walking if it's over 50 degrees.
Absolutely deadly on wet or glare ice, but can be used with pull on style ice cleats
The one feature I really like are the lug treads that wrap up around the back of the heel. This really helps when descending steep hillsides and to my knowledge no other rubber boots have them.
I'm estimating it costs me about $15 a year to wear my muck boots and I probably put well over 200 miles of grouse, pheasant, turkey, deer hunting and general outdoor use on my first pair.