OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Muck Boots--Opinions?

Started by gatrapper, April 08, 2018, 09:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog3355

https://m.galeton.com/product/detail/tingley-21144-airgo-trade-ultra-lightweight-eva-boots/11642-product/?set=FreeShip50&code=M17FSJ&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi-n04s2z2gIVSzuBCh0YCw_uEAQYASABEgJ3GvD_BwE

Had a guy swear by these boots. Said there made out of the same material crocs are made from. I'm going to try a pair. I've had 3 pair of mucks and they keep getting cheaper made and the price always goes up.

tomstopper

Love the ones I have

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

WyoHunter

Quote from: dublelung on April 09, 2018, 08:57:51 AM
I like them in the fact they're very comfortable and warm if you have the Woody Max. I dislike the fact they don't do well with beaver sticks, barbwire fences, or heavy thorns.
:icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Chris O

Quote from: chbarnha on April 10, 2018, 09:00:00 PM
As a supporter of several animal rights and anti hunting groups I will not support them, and lacrosse aeroheads or grange are much better boots in my opinion
AGREE 100% I will not give them a dime of my money

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: Chris O on April 13, 2018, 07:59:22 PM
As a supporter of several animal rights and anti hunting groups I will not support them, and lacrosse aeroheads or grange are much better boots in my opinion

Thanks for bringing this to my attention I did not know this. I have two pairs because I use them for everything loved them; but don't no more will be my last pairs.

Chris O

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on April 13, 2018, 10:51:57 PM
Quote from: Chris O on April 13, 2018, 07:59:22 PM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention I did not know this. I have two pairs because I use them for everything loved them; but don't no more will be my last pairs.
Sorry to ruin it for you but feel hunters should support a company that supports what they love. I have great luck with Lacrosse

bdirks

Wasn't Muck Corporate  the company that openly supported the HSUS? They had a huge falling out with the dairy industry and many in the waterfowl hunting industry. Maybe they changed over the years.

maddog3355

https://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2014/10/anti-hunting-machine-exposing-humane-society-united-states

It's been several years ago they donated to HSUS.  There still making camouflage boots so they will still take your money!!!

nitro

Thanks for the lead. I liked what I saw and ordered some  NOSHOs and a pair of Legend camp boots.

I have pretty specific needs for my turkey hunting boots and Russell covers those.  I do wear neoprene boots for deer hunting and will try out the Dry Shods this year. Thank you for the tip!!!

AG

Quote from: frank1969 on April 08, 2018, 09:51:22 PM
Check out dry shod boots. The original owner of much started making them, the quality is better that the original much before he sold out. The quality of today's mucks are garbage in my opinion
Royal Slam 2008

Mild Bill

I have found muck boots to not be very slip resistant on snow and ice conditions.

that may not apply to your situation and use

I am actually looking for other options that are more slip resistant.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.