OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Step sons hard work played off

Started by turkeyhunter91, April 08, 2018, 08:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyhunter91

This weekend was our youth season and yesterday the weather was terrible but Connor hunted hard till late up in the evening only stopping for an hr to eat, around 1 he missed a bird but he picked his self up and wanted to stay after them. This morning we went to a different farm and got set up well before light. Yesterday we only heard a couple gobbles on the roost but they made up for it this morning as well as the hens making quite a bit of commotion.We was only a little over a hundred yards from where they was roosting and he seen the tom fly down in the field. Immediately he starts strutting and heading our way followed by the hens. Connor was shaking like a leaf and breathing hard watching this bird put on a good show all the way up to about 30 yards when I told Connor to shoot. Me and dad both kept telling him breath and take your time.It ended up being his biggest bird ever, he weighted 23 pound 2 ounces, had a 10 3/4 in beard and sharp 1 1/4 spurs. After he shot i told him i was surpised it came in and he asked why, i said as hard as u was breathing the sides of the blind was prob drawing in and out haha. Thats what its all about though. It was a great weekend hunting with my stepson and my dad. Congrats to all the kids who harvested and good luck to everyone else

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Tnwoodsman

TJK68

Great bird, Congrats to that young man and you!!!!

Rzrbac

Congrats to both of you, that's a fine bird.

FANMAN

Congratulations Connor , Nice bird.

Bowguy

Rio Fan

Congrats to both of you. Sounds like a very exciting hunt.

Gumby

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Gobble!

zelmo1

oakraidia

Congrats to both of you, nice bird!

dublelung

That's what it's all about. Congrats to you both!