OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camp Caller box?

Started by dswmsn, April 07, 2018, 10:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dswmsn

What In your opinion  is a reasonable approximate amount to pay for a. new in the box Doug Camp Camp Caller box call?

howl

Haymarket

It depends. At some point someone else took the name and made the calls...and they stunk. They looked almost the same. Was this one actually made by him?

dswmsn

Quote from: Haymarekt on April 07, 2018, 10:59:56 AM
It depends. At some point someone else took the name and made the calls...and they stunk. They looked almost the same. Was this one actually made by him?
Thanks for that information. I will have to research further.

dswmsn

This one is currently on Ebay. There is no etching and says it is signed by Doug to a hunter. I will continue to investigate. 

howl

$200+ would be for a an Unfair Advantage or Screamin' Hen; more for a decorated collector edition. 

dswmsn

Gotcha. This call is a plain jane mahogany box with bold capitalized letters "CAMP CALLER" on the bottom and nothing else. The seller says it signed by Doug to the buyer inside the box, but I can not see that in the picture. I am inclined towards letting this one go, mostly because at $200 I would need to sell a couple of my boxes in order to fund this. I spoke with Doug and his wife at a trade show booth in Charlotte, NC back in the early 90's and bought his book "Turkey Hunting Spring and Fall". I wish I had gotten him to sign the book for me. They both seemed like really nice people.