OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much do you budget for turkey hunting each year?

Started by Gamblinman, April 05, 2018, 10:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High plains drifter

I think I might be able to hunt South Dakota this year.I bought my wife a boat last year, and she's pretty happy about it.

tha bugman

I wish I could stick to a budget, but the obsession to possess is my weakness!  I am definitely glad that I don't know how much I have spent through the years.... ::) ;D :TooFunny:

owlhoot

Quote from: Caspar on April 05, 2018, 08:35:20 PM
new member here,  i dont spend much on turkey hunting. maybe some shells and a couple mouth calls but thats usually about it. ive only ever hunted turkeys on the public lands fairly close to my house. im looking to get a couple custom pot calls and possibly a cheaper custom box call this year. i also broke my scope so ill be getting a new one but thats about it for me this year
That will change,lol
:welcomeOG:

Ishi

I spend what ever it takes to hunt turkeys. Some years it's more and some years it's less.
This year is a little below normal.
The Spirit Lives On

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Caspar

Quote from: owlhoot on April 08, 2018, 08:26:55 AM
Quote from: Caspar on April 05, 2018, 08:35:20 PM
new member here,  i dont spend much on turkey hunting. maybe some shells and a couple mouth calls but thats usually about it. ive only ever hunted turkeys on the public lands fairly close to my house. im looking to get a couple custom pot calls and possibly a cheaper custom box call this year. i also broke my scope so ill be getting a new one but thats about it for me this year
That will change,lol
:welcomeOG:

owlhoot, it already has!  ive only been a member of this forum for a couple days and ive already spent more on calls than ive spent in the last 7-8 years combined. i picked up 4 new custom pot calls and 3 strikers yesterday. the custom call bug has taken hold and i already have plans for at least 5 more calls when as soon as the funds permit it.

mtns2hunt

16 bucks on a box of LB 6's from Walmart if I had not hunted Florida this year.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

zelmo1

Saving $200 a month to do my grand slam when I retire in 2027. I hope I live that long and am physically able then ????????

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

WyoHunter

I don't budget but I spend about $1k between my hunts to KS and here in WY. Fortunately I don't need anymore equipment.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

RED NECK

For the 5 week hunting season,I usually spend approx 7 or 8 hundred on tags,fuel and food to have fun and hunt.If I decide to buy a hunting related item,It is more.I don't budget and I just spend when I need and want too.I always have and always will buy what I want,when I want to enjoy my life.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

mspaci

we have to have a budget, thats never gonna work, lol