OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Alps Vanish "MC" chair vs. Cabelas lounger review

Started by chefrific, April 03, 2018, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefrific

I've used the Cabelas lounger for years and it has been my go to chair. However I think I've found one better. The Alps outdoorz "vanish MC".
I'm a big guy and let's just say that I take full advantage of the traditional lounger from cabelas. Getting out of it is almost comical for me. The vanish MC is a good bit wider and the back is higher. I also don't feel like I'm sinking into a hole like I do in the lounger. It sits slightly more upright than the lounger (which I like) and it's still very comfortable.
Weight is 2lbs heavier than cabelas chair.
At the time of this posting Mack's has them on sale.  If you are a pleasantly plump turkey hunter like me or looking for a roomier ground chair this one is worth a buy.
I've attached pictures of it sitting next to the Cabelas lounger for comparison.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

taylorjones20

Been using the alps chair for a few years. Hands down the best IMO
Alive only by the Grace Of God

model94

Alps.is better. Purchased a Cabelas Lounger and it made.a noise Every Time I moved in it. I have the regular size Alps chair and I love the quality.

Gamblinman

No doubt, the Alps or Browning chairs are the best manufactured turkey chair being made right now. I did replace all the rivets in one, but it was 4 years old and been on more hunts in that time than an individual would hunt in a lifetime. The rivets bent, but the metal frame and fabric is still solid.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

chefrific

Quote from: outdoors on April 07, 2018, 06:07:55 PM
WHERE CAN U PURCHASE THIS , THANKS
Mack's Prarie Wings has them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

mtns2hunt

Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Caspar

thanks for the review. i have the cabelas chair sitting in my cart at cabelas online. i checked out the alps chair but its a bit heavy for me. im a smaller guy so im hoping the cabelas chair will work for me

model94

Mine was noisy when I moved in it and I took it back and bought an Alps, but that was 2 years ago. Cabelas may have fixed the problem