turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Texas Turkey Time

Started by Yelper, April 03, 2018, 09:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yelper

Scott Hock and I were in Texas for the opening weekend the other day on 1500 acres I was able to secure for Turkey hunting and had a pretty good 2 days. I was able to tag out by 10:30 on Saturday. Wow is all I can say, it was quite a load to try to get them out of the woods by myself, had to call the ranch owner to come get me because there was no way to carry them over 3/4 of a mile. Scott was able to tag out also.

I used a Halloran purple heart over cedar box to get the last 3  and my mouth calls are made by Scott at Osceola game calls. I used a Eddie Wynne slate to get my first one off the roost.

IMG_20180331_105031165

owlhoot

You need a deer cart if your going to keep doing that stuff chief. Congrats

Tomfoolery

Very nice! I leave for Sonora in the morning i hope theyre doing the thing. The season has been open since mid march but last year they were flocked up so we decided to go later. What part of texas were yall?

JMalin

If you've got access to good turkey ground, Texas is a turkey hunter's dream.

stinkpickle

NICE!  Timing is everything in Texas, and it looks you definitely hit it just right.    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! Looks like you defentily hit it at the right time in texas. Those are some awesome birds you got.

daddyduke

Congrats on them Texas Birds!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

taylorjones20

Wow that's awesome! Congrats!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

zelmo1

Holy Moly, awesome . Congrats  :turkey2: :turkey2:

tomstopper

Dang. That's awesome. Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Yelper

Quote from: Tomfoolery on April 03, 2018, 10:17:32 AM
Very nice! I leave for Sonora in the morning i hope theyre doing the thing. The season has been open since mid march but last year they were flocked up so we decided to go later. What part of texas were yall?

The Gobblers didn't gobble much just enough to locate them and 2 of mine came in silent and 2 gobbled on the way in. The gobblers were still grouped up and they definitely were not as fired up as usual.

JMalin

That third bird has got a paintbrush!

Gamblinman

Nice birds. Those are some thick beards for Texas Rios...they usually tear them up, what with all the brush and such. Texas is turkey paradise.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

dublelung

That's getting it done! Congratulations!

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to you and Scott, nice looking beards.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."