OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turned out ok  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Roost 1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Turned out ok
« on: March 31, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »
Birds gobbled early starting at 5:50 high on the ridge on neighbors property. Hens fired up
about 6:10, last gobble at 6:15.  Neighbor shot at 7:10. My farm has no woods on it just a big bottom field with a few tree lines and fence rows. Birds usually pitch out into the fields from the ridge above or just show up at any time.  After the neighbors shot I thought I’d hang out just to see what might show up later on. About 10:30 figured I’d head on back to hospital to sit with mom. As I was walking out I thought I might just move up next to the timber and just sit down and call a little for 30 mins or so. First few series of calls got no response and eventually I nodded off to sleep. Actually I was sleeping pretty deeply when I woke wasn’t even sure where I was at, after spending 7 weeks with mom in the hospital and trying to work at least 3 days a week, I’m wore out. Anyhow, after i gathered myself  let out a series of yelps and immediately had a hen answer and was she fired up and I could tell coming quick. Although i never could see her on the other side of a fence row I did see a strutter.  This hen was wearing me out and since I could tell she was coming I remained quiet. She eventually flew over the fence and was headed right to me. The gobbler kept strutting back and forth and I was starting to wonder if he was gonna follow but he ended up flying/hopping the fence and came right to the hen who was only 10 yds and trying to find that other hen she heard. The gobbler put on a show and i let him come to 25yds and let the pain train loose on him.
The Lord truly blessed me today. I’m very thankful for a great wife who showed up at hospital at 4am this morning so i could go hunt for a few hours.

Offline whiskey

Re: Turned out ok
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »
Congrats buddy. That TSS is dealing the death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline BOFF

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:52:08 PM »
So glad you were able to just get away, and be in the woods. Sitting at the hospitals can take a toil, let alone the worry for those like your mom, being in the hospital.

Congrats on a great bird, and loving wife.

Prayers for your mom, you and family during this time.

God Bless,
David B.

Offline snapper1982

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
Congrats buddy

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 10:36:58 PM »
Congratulations on the bird and I hope things go well with your mother. I don't know what is going on with her and it is none of my business but I will say a prayer for her, God knows what up and with whom.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline honker22

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 09:49:21 AM »
Congrats Roost1!  Continued prayers for your mother
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Offline hookedspur

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 06:54:12 PM »
Congratsand thinking and praying about ya
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Offline wvmntnhick

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »