turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Off the roost or late morning?

Started by Meatseeker, March 31, 2018, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meatseeker

Ok.... if you had to choose 3 hours a day to hunt turkeys which 3 hours would you pick?

My answer:  I would pick 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.  For every turkey I've killed off the roost,  I've killed 3 late morning 

Tomcat655

tell your wife turkey season is short and when you leave at 4am youll be back when you get good and damn ready hahah...mine aint divorced me yet

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Tomcat655 on March 31, 2018, 10:13:28 AM
tell your wife turkey season is short and when you leave at 4am youll be back when you get good and damn ready hahah...mine aint divorced me yet
:TooFunny:  :you_rock: If my wife only allowed me 3 hours to hunt I'd probably divorce her,but in your case I'd also have to pick 9 to noon or 10 to 1. Roosting birds is effective,but the 9 to 1 has been good to me.

Double B

Wife or not I'm a roost junkie, I love to hear the woods waking up.  But you gotta live on turkey time when you get on em so...... :anim_25:
Followed by buzzards

Remturkey

9-Noon also.  That's been my bread and butter

redjones

10 till 2 has always been a great time frame to kill Turkeys for me.

Greg
Semper Fi

Meatseeker

Quote from: Double B on March 31, 2018, 10:25:06 AM
Wife or not I'm a roost junkie, I love to hear the woods waking up.  But you gotta live on turkey time when you get on em so...... :anim_25:

I hunt the roost also... but more often than not I'm more successful later in the morning.

Spitten and drummen

If I want to kill one , 9 until 12. If I want to hear a lot of gobbling, off the roost
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

hobbes

Easterns......I'll  take the first 3 hours of daylight.  I've had more luck off the roost with eastern birds than western birds.  Majority of birds were dead by 9 AM.

Merriam's . ....I'll take 9 to 12

deerpoo22

Quote from: hobbes on March 31, 2018, 12:23:50 PM
Easterns......I'll  take the first 3 hours of daylight.  I've had more luck off the roost with eastern birds than western birds.  Majority of birds were dead by 9 AM.

Merriam's . ....I'll take 9 to 12
couldn't have said it better

saltysenior

depends on what time the feeders go off... 

TauntoHawk

Fly down for sure for me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

buckmark13

Early morning for me here in Virginia.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

deer655

I love heaaring the woods wake up. Dawn to 9 would be my choice.

Rzrbac

I'll take the first 3. It's not always the most productive but I live to watch the woods wake up. I like to call the owls and the wind has not usually picked up so bad.