News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Time for the Permethrin!

Started by bbcoach, March 29, 2018, 08:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Quote from: uk.turkey.hunter on March 25, 2019, 11:30:45 AM
So which Permethrin to use without the petroleum? I guess I'm either lost or don't see the  permethrin that is recommended.
Martins is one water based brand you mix with water and is a lot cheaper than the premixed brands and has almost no odor.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Brian Fahs

Quote from: bbcoach on March 30, 2018, 07:26:46 AM
Here's a link to Tractor Supply  https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/control-solutions-permethrin-10-1-pt?cm_vc=-10005    Martin's is the brand that I use as well.  It can be obtained, as I stated, from E-bay, local farm and seed stores, some pet stores (dog flea and tick dip) and Amazon.  If you use it in a spray bottle a pint will make 16 20 oz bottles.  A quart will go a long way, so share it with a buddy.  DO NOT GET IT AROUND YOUR CATS, it will kill them.

Very good info here. I never did like my wife's cat.......just kidding!

Drycreek

So which Permethrin to use without the petroleum? I guess I'm either lost or don't see the  permethrin that is recommended.

Duration

https://www.amazon.com/DurationTM-Permethrin-10-Concentrate/dp/B001MA7KPU

captpete

Quote from: Drycreek on March 26, 2019, 03:08:13 PM

Duration

https://www.amazon.com/DurationTM-Permethrin-10-Concentrate/dp/B001MA7KPU

I think if you look at the bottle it does contain petroleum distilates....at least the bottle I used did.

bbcoach

Guys don't get wrapped around the axles with the oil vs water debate.  You are using 1 ounce of permethrin in a 20 ounce bottle of water.  Shake it up and spray it.  I have been using it for years and don't see a problem on my clothes.  It smells when you put it on initially but the smell goes away when it dries.  Can deer smell it, probably, but I don't care in the spring.  Use it and prevent the possibility of having LOOOOOONG term effects of what a tick can do to your body.  PERIOD!  Just saying.

Drycreek

Quote from: bbcoach on March 26, 2019, 06:49:53 PM
Guys don't get wrapped around the axles with the oil vs water debate.  You are using 1 ounce of permethrin in a 20 ounce bottle of water.  Shake it up and spray it.  I have been using it for years and don't see a problem on my clothes.  It smells when you put it on initially but the smell goes away when it dries.  Can deer smell it, probably, but I don't care in the spring.  Use it and prevent the possibility of having LOOOOOONG term effects of what a tick can do to your body.  PERIOD!  Just saying.

I agree, I am currently using some that I picked up at Tractor Supply.

Fullfan

Quote from: Drycreek on March 27, 2019, 08:42:25 AM
Quote from: bbcoach on March 26, 2019, 06:49:53 PM

I agree, I am currently using some that I picked up at Tractor Supply.

X3.....
Don't gobble at me...

turkey_slayer

Did anybody get any off them this winter? Two friends got several off them when the temps were in the teens. They were small suckers to. We've never had tick problems and never seen that kind

mduncan

I will not step foot in the turkey woods without a can of Permanone (Permethrin) in the truck.

NCL

The other thread about permethrin said to avoid getting the wet solution on your skin. Is there any harmful effects on humans from  dried spray? I have not seen any cautions on the bottle or in any of the threads on the topics other than the one mentioned and cats. Just curious.

zombiewoof

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 29, 2018, 09:41:22 AM
Gamehide makes " Elimitick" clothing that is good for 75 washes( so they say) that works well also. I sprung for 3 sets for my girls and I. Better safe than sorry. Be safe, Al Baker

I have some of the Elimitick line and it's great! Then i found out you can send your clothes directly to the company in Greensboro NC that treats their clothes (and the US military) for permanent protection. And it's a lot cheaper. Something along the lines of $8 per + shipping and it last the life of the garment. Company is called Insect Shield - google em and don't look back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zombiewoof on April 16, 2019, 11:49:18 PM
Gamehide makes " Elimitick" clothing that is good for 75 washes( so they say) that works well also. I sprung for 3 sets for my girls and I. Better safe than sorry. Be safe, Al Baker

I have some of the Elimitick line and it's great! Then i found out you can send your clothes directly to the company in Greensboro NC that treats their clothes (and the US military) for permanent protection. And it's a lot cheaper. Something along the lines of $8 per + shipping and it last the life of the garment. Company is called Insect Shield - google em and don't look back!

Good information, thanks. Here is the link to the page that tells how to go about it. They have different forms for if you send in one items or multiple items. https://www.insectshield.com/ISYOC.aspx
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zombiewoof

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 17, 2019, 02:58:12 PM
Quote from: zombiewoof on April 16, 2019, 11:49:18 PM

Good information, thanks. Here is the link to the page that tells how to go about it. They have different forms for if you send in one items or multiple items. https://www.insectshield.com/ISYOC.aspx
I can attest to Insect Shields quick turnaround. I've always had my treated clothes back within 5 days of sending them. These orders went to NC and Georgia, so it may be a couple of days difference for anyone outside the south, but it won't be bc IS didn't get them out. Knock on wood, but I have 100% success in the five years since I've used them to treat my camo.