OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Primos Bombshell

Started by tha bugman, March 28, 2018, 11:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Anyone know if these are able to work in the rain?  Don't know what the internal components are.

HookedonHooks

Not sure whether it would work in the rain or not, but I will tell you the sound is not even close to what their demonstration videos make it appear. I had a buddy buy one last year, and it was 100% gimmick. You could barely even get it to sound like a turkey by running and controlling it with your hands, you don't even want to try it with the pull string they include as it's major selling feature.

Might have better luck rubbing an old barbed wire fence together.

While it was a brilliant idea, the execution of this product was absolutely horrible. Maybe he got a "dud" but it was enough to steer me clear of giving them any of my money for this particular product.

tha bugman

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 28, 2018, 11:10:01 AM
Not sure whether it would work in the rain or not, but I will tell you the sound is not even close to what their demonstration videos make it appear. I had a buddy buy one last year, and it was 100% gimmick. You could barely even get it to sound like a turkey by running and controlling it with your hands, you don't even want to try it with the pull string they include as it's major selling feature.

Might have better luck rubbing an old barbed wire fence together.

While it was a brilliant idea, the execution of this product was absolutely horrible. Maybe he got a "dud" but it was enough to steer me clear of giving them any of my money for this particular product.
Thanks!  I got one for the kids to play around with and I am going to do a remote video of me calling with it to see what it sounds like at a distance. 

coachA

I do agree that is doesn't sound like I would like my call to sound but I can argue with the results. My dad started turkey hunt 4 or 5 years ago and is not the best caller in the word. He absolutely loves the push button type of call, so he bought a Primos Bombshell to use in the rain. I will say that he has kill 3 turkeys with that call and called up one other for a cousin of mine. So, regardless of how we think it sounds, the turkeys seem to like it.

coachA

I agree that it does not sound good to me, my dad has killed a lot of birds with his.