OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Friday PM starts me off  (Read 2291 times)

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Friday PM starts me off
« on: March 27, 2018, 10:37:50 PM »
I get to the SC coast Friday evening for 5 days of turkey chasing. Long time coming. Trying not to think about it so the next two days don't drag out too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:18:09 PM by WNCTracker »

Offline ILHUNTER

Re: Friday PM starts me off
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 10:21:30 AM »
Good luck to you and hope you put one down.  Our Illinois season doesn't start until April 16, but will be out for youth season this weekend with my boy.  Perfect turkey weather, had 4" of rain this week and still more to come and temps around 50 and lows in the mid 30's, with rain chances all weekend.

Offline Hunter1979

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »
Hope you made it safe.  Good luck out there tonight!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
Beautiful night!  Saw one Tom with 5 hens in a field at 6:30 but he didn't play ball. I rode around grassing fields to find some to roost but came up short. Tomorrow morning will be a gamble. Going to go to the center of the property and listen. Turkeys aren't aplenty here but I've got the place to myself so I have tons of room to run and gun. I did see a one legged hen tonight. Pretty pathetic watching her hop along slowly. I'm surprised the coyotes haven't picked that one off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk