OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crackin Heads in N. Fla

Started by FL-Boss, March 27, 2018, 08:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Had some close calls in the last few weeks, but finally connected.  This bird was came in silent drumming behind me and buddy last Sunday.  He came in behind us and we never got a chance, think he busted us by the time we could hear him drumming.  I let him rest for a few days and got back out there this afternoon and he did the same thing.  This time I could hear him drumming further away (no wind) and was able to wait him out,  he eventually worked his way to the side of me so I could get a shot. Never any gobbling, which is typical around here.  Real thick stuff we are hunting here in North Fla.  Had some beard rot, but one of the heaviest birds I have taken around these parts. 

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

1iagobblergetter

Way 2 go!!! 11 more days and my Sons youth season!!!

Rio Fan

zelmo1

renegade19

TJK68

KYFrid

Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

raven105

That a Winchester 1300? Those kill at both ends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: FL-Boss on March 27, 2018, 08:20:09 PM
Had some close calls in the last few weeks, but finally connected.  This bird was came in silent drumming behind me and buddy last Sunday.  He came in behind us and we never got a chance, think he busted us by the time we could hear him drumming.  I let him rest for a few days and got back out there this afternoon and he did the same thing.  This time I could hear him drumming further away (no wind) and was able to wait him out,  he eventually worked his way to the side of me so I could get a shot. Never any gobbling, which is typical around here.  Real thick stuff we are hunting here in North Fla.  Had some beard rot, but one of the heaviest birds I have taken around these parts. 

That's awesome and you are shooting my favorite turkey killing gun ever made!!!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mgm1955

kyturkeyhunter4

Congrats! Awesome bird and I like that winchester 1300 love the wood

JK Spurs

Quote from: raven105 on March 28, 2018, 11:48:02 AM
That a Winchester 1300? Those kill at both ends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You ain't kidding! Love that gun
I like my turkey well peppered