OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Place to hunt Osceola. I know...I know

Started by POk3s, March 27, 2018, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

The original post wasn't really that bad, this forum even has a hunt swap section, so maybe it was in the wrong place. Obviously another now deleted post was a problem.
I happen to have a friend in Florida who deer hunts deer on private land who says his place has lots of turkeys that I can hunt. I just haven't made it down there yet. I'll travel to shoot an elk or waterfowl, but I'm not mad enough at turkeys to drive two days one way to shoot one shot at a 20 pound bird

zelmo1

I will be your lumpa 2Eagles, if I can shoot one of those measly 20 pound Osceolas  :camohat: :camohat:

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: 2eagles on March 28, 2018, 09:17:23 AM
The original post wasn't really that bad, this forum even has a hunt swap section, so maybe it was in the wrong place. Obviously another now deleted post was a problem.
I happen to have a friend in Florida who deer hunts deer on private land who says his place has lots of turkeys that I can hunt. I just haven't made it down there yet. I'll travel to shoot an elk or waterfowl, but I'm not mad enough at turkeys to drive two days one way to shoot one shot at a 20 pound bird

But in Florida you can take two birds, they do run smaller then northern birds, but its the excitement of a new place and challenge. Just got back last night from florida public land hunt, go every other year. Very fun and challangeing to hunt pressured birds with so many turkey hunters. POK3s will send you a PM when have more time. When picking a place on Public land to hunt in florida and if you have  planes on shooting a bird in a few days it is a big chance. Not saying it can't be done, but a lot of thing have to line up perfect. If you have only a few days and do not plane on coming back the next year if not successful, find a guide service, or private land like your trying to do. I tagged out again on my ten day license, can say that is with some skill and a lot of luck. To be in the right place at the right time, just because I found the right spot no one else had been in.

POk3s

2Eagles, I had looked around in the hunt swap section. But made this post here because of the logistics of a hunt swap between a Florida guy and a Wyoming guy is very tough and it wouldn't be my FIRST option in getting this done, but if someone was willing I woukd definitely welcome it.

POk3s

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on March 28, 2018, 09:58:20 AM

But in Florida you can take two birds, they do run smaller then northern birds, but its the excitement of a new place and challenge. Just got back last night from florida public land hunt, go every other year. Very fun and challangeing to hunt pressured birds with so many turkey hunters. POK3s will send you a PM when have more time. When picking a place on Public land to hunt in florida and if you have  planes on shooting a bird in a few days it is a big chance. Not saying it can't be done, but a lot of thing have to line up perfect. If you have only a few days and do not plane on coming back the next year if not successful, find a guide service, or private land like your trying to do. I tagged out again on my ten day license, can say that is with some skill and a lot of luck. To be in the right place at the right time, just because I found the right spot no one else had been in.

Thank you DD, I will be awaiting your PM! That style of hunt sounds fun to me as well, and not super expensive. It's one that I wouldn't have a lot invested in and could come back every other year or so until it panned out. Plane ticket, rental car, and camping on public land! I would have 5 days max per year but I enjoy hunting hard, even if it doesn't pan out.

Yoder409

Quote from: POk3s on March 28, 2018, 10:30:55 AM
2Eagles, I had looked around in the hunt swap section. But made this post here because of the logistics of a hunt swap between a Florida guy and a Wyoming guy is very tough and it wouldn't be my FIRST option in getting this done, but if someone was willing I woukd definitely welcome it.

Good luck.  Been trying to trade a chance at some dandy whitetails in PA for a chance at an Osceola for a couple years in the hunt swap forum.............   Maybe if you have elk or mulies to barter, you'll do better than me.   ;)
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tomfoolery

What about ducks and speckle bellies in LA for a osceola hunt???!!

POk3s

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 28, 2018, 09:03:09 PM
Quote from: POk3s on March 28, 2018, 10:30:55 AM

Good luck.  Been trying to trade a chance at some dandy whitetails in PA for a chance at an Osceola for a couple years in the hunt swap forum.............   Maybe if you have elk or mulies to barter, you'll do better than me.   ;)

Well, I have plenty of experience hunting everything the west has to offer. If somebody wants to chat about it I'd be all for it. Some of my handy work  :you_rock:

Yoder409

You may have better luck than me.    :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: KYFrid on March 28, 2018, 06:38:08 AM
Ha. I saw that post but didn't think it was serious. That fact that it was makes it that much funnier.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I laughed so hard my wife had to come check on me.
Once I caught my breath and explained it in terms she could understand she laughed hard to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Southpaw

I got to the party late. By the sounds of it, someone accidentally disclosed some information about where they hunt on public? I can't wrap my head around someone giving away that kind of information.

2eagles

That friend of mine who wants me to come down to shoot an Osceola sent me a pic yesterday. He got his turkey. With his car. Completely smashed his windshield. A little glass in his face. It was a hen. Darn!!

guesswho

Quote from: 2eagles on March 29, 2018, 05:41:46 PM
That friend of mine who wants me to come down to shoot an Osceola sent me a pic yesterday. He got his turkey. With his car. Completely smashed his windshield. A little glass in his face.
About the same price as TSS.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

POk3s

Quote from: 2eagles on March 29, 2018, 05:41:46 PM
That friend of mine who wants me to come down to shoot an Osceola sent me a pic yesterday. He got his turkey. With his car. Completely smashed his windshield. A little glass in his face. It was a hen. Darn!!

Ouch!!