OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stevens 301 compact 410

Started by sevetts, March 27, 2018, 04:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevetts

I want to recommend this little gun. 22" barrel. Come from factory threaded with invector choke, and also has a safety. I don't know what it weighs but it's not much. Shooting this little gun was even more fun than I thought it would be. I did not pick a good day to see what it is capable of but it did well enough that it's next target will be alive. I bought a truglo snap on sight but it does not fit the barrel is too thick. It was 50 degrees and very damp but we did some shooting anyway. I would like to do more to the gun but I just don't have time before youth season. I bought a briley extra full flush mount for it. I shot 2 federal tss loads through it along with 8 fiocchi 11/16 #6 hunting loads that are 1160fps. Those will kill a turkey at 30yards. The TSS were shot at 20 and 40yards. The 20yard shot was a very dirty barrel and really patchy. I cleaned it and then shot 1 at 40. The pattern was really even and I was really happy. Sorry for the 2 circles on the 40yard I moved it after I saw I missed a lot of pellets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk