turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

GHG Turkey Decoys---Thoughts?

Started by gatrapper, March 26, 2018, 12:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

What are y'alls thoughts on these new GHG Turkey decoys?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

MK M GOBL

I have looked at them when they first came out... and it depends on what you are willing to spend on decoys. If you want a quality decoy you can't do better than DSD's. Now not everyone will spend the $$$ on them. I have 6 DSD's and all have there purpose. If you would like to see more on the DSD's I have a thread on them.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,70971.0.html

As far as the GHG's go probably a bit better looking than other decoys in this price range.

DSD and Done!!

MK M GOBL

Marc

I like the looks of some of the other more affordable decoys better....

Avery and Banded decoys appear to be the exact same...

I would take a look at Flextone and H.S. Strutt decoy lines...

You want a better looking very durable decoy I would look at:

*DSD
*Deception Decoys
*Replica Decoy Company

From what I have seen, I would grade all of the above decoys about equally...  Purchase choice would depend on personal choice for appearance, or price, or availability.

Avian Decoys make a realistic decoy as well, but the durability does not line up with the above decoys...  I own the Avain jake, and they have replaced it (at no charge), and it is a lighter decoy (and easier to carry) and a slight breeze gives this decoy some very realistic movement...

Dakota Extreme decoys are not quite as realistic as the above...  More durable than Avian but I do not like the look of the jake decoy as far as color (and this decoy was an obvious knock-off of the DSD jake, which brought some question of ethics as to the company).
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Blackduck

Have hunted a lot of them. Got rid of Avians for leaks, inflatable is just a bad idea. Haven't bought DSDs for price, but have hunted with those who have. Nice dekes if u want to pay for it. Dakotas are not as good, have hunted them and they work, but the knockoff factor makes them kind of ghey, to me. Replica and deception I have no experience with but I expect at that price they are nice too. H.S. and Flextone I have handled and while I am sure they work(most dekes will), they didn't impress me. Avery/Banded decoys (same company) have been a quality decoy that I have used in hen and jake form the last few years with no complaints. Good decoys for the dollar. I just wish they had a strutter that wasn't the jekyll/hyde. The half strut prototype is beautiful, but that hasn't been released yet either. But I have been more happy with their Jake and hen than any other for my dollar.