OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Col. Sanders

Started by 3bailey3, March 25, 2018, 07:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

doesn't hold a candle to this stuff!

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

bbcoach

Nothing like a FRESH batch of Turkey Nuggets!

Gobble!

Sir-diealot

KFC has not been good since the 80's and even then I doubt they had anything to compare to this!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

pabossie255

dublelung

I just can't believe there's people who give that away because they don't like it......

Wild turkey is my favorite wild game meat bar none!

love2huntnfish

Quote from: 3bailey3 on March 25, 2018, 07:00:48 PM
doesn't hold a candle to this stuff!
And what is the magic batter recipe and cooking times and temps??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tha bugman

The Boss Hen knows how to fry it up good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

Marc

Quote from: dublelung on March 26, 2018, 11:35:01 AM
I just can't believe there's people who give that away because they don't like it......

Wild turkey is my favorite wild game meat bar none!
It is probably one of my least favorite game meats...  Bland and can easily become dry if not cooked correctly...  And, domestic turkey is not one of my favorites to begin with...

It does however take up the flavor of a marinade better than most wild game meats...

My wife is Indonesian, and we generally give her family some of the meat, and it is made into a pretty good (spicy) curry...  We have some friends that run a Greek restaurant and they keep half a bird and cube up another half into Greek shish kabob turkey for us...  And some goes to other friends/family while the rest I keep goes into the fryer...

Of the above, my favorite is the Greek style....

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

bbcoach

Turkey breast can and will become dry and bland if cooked too long.  The way I do mine is double dipping in flour, then egg wash and back in flour and deep frying at about 350 degrees only until the coating gets brown.  Season the flour and egg wash how you want, I use salt, pepper, granulated garlic and cayenne to your taste.  The coating helps hold in the moisture but don't overcook.  YUM!

3bailey3

this is what i like to use sprinkle with this seasoning and i soak for two or three days in buttermilk,creole butter and some hot sauce, then use this seasoned flour and just cook until it looks golden, its Awesome!

Dr Juice

Yummy! Damn I'm hungry now ....  :drool: