Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Well that took more space then I thought (non turkey)

Started by TauntoHawk, March 24, 2018, 10:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Idaho National Forrest Bull

Excited to immortalized an incredible memory I shared with my father this past fall.

Took up way more wall space then I anticipated wouldn't fit where we originally tried to put it but happy with where it ended up just need to move some other stuff around now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rzrbac

Beautiful mount, I have a space picked out for one of those if I can find one dumb enough to let me put an arrow through him.

Daveb

That's a fine bull, congrats! Nice looking Whitetail too!

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

wvmntnhick

Nice looking bull. Hoping to get one myself this year. Doesn't have to be as nice either. That's a really nice mount man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Sir-diealot

Fantastic, wish I could have had memories like that with my father, he was not much of a hunter.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 25, 2018, 01:20:57 AM
Fantastic, wish I could have had memories like that with my father, he was not much of a hunter.
Thanks I turned 30 and he was 59 (close enough to 60) and we wanted to take a big trip together before sleeping in tents and climbing mountains no long interested him.

It was a once in a lifetime trip we will surely hope to do again lol

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

guesswho

Really nice.   Do that deer right under him a favor and move him.   that Elk makes him look like a Key deer ;D
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TauntoHawk

Quote from: guesswho on March 25, 2018, 08:36:42 AM
Really nice.   Do that deer right under him a favor and move him.   that Elk makes him look like a Key deer ;D
Haha that's what I told my buddy I was like wanna make some Catskill mountain deer look like coues deer in a hurry.... Slap an elk next to them

The buck will move he just happened to be there previous so when we were done I just threw it back up until I figure out the rearrange.

We intended and tried to put him on that wall you see to the left but his one beam swung out too far and wouldn't fit under the slant of the ceiling. It took 6'6" of clearance from the bottom of the rock scenery to the top tine

zelmo1

Congrats brother, life memory. Wherever you put him, he will dominate  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

TauntoHawk

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 24, 2018, 11:50:53 PM
Nice looking bull. Hoping to get one myself this year. Doesn't have to be as nice either. That's a really nice mount man.

I could tell you I was being picky but honestly that was the first bull I saw an hour into opening day and I was like yep going after him and 7hrs later I caught up to him at 178yds

wvmntnhick

Some guys have all the luck.

TauntoHawk

My buddy Mike also got one on day 4 of the trip and used the same taxidermist