turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Locator calls

Started by turkaholic, March 24, 2018, 07:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Anyone want to buy Owl and crow calls, i have some left to sell after reading all these post....I don't use them or care for them , i just let nature wake them up....my opinion ....

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 25, 2018, 02:13:54 PM
Anyone want to buy Owl and crow calls, i have some left to sell after reading all these post....I don't use them or care for them , i just let nature wake them up....my opinion ....
Hey Greg if you throw in a blanket and some beads I think I might have a buyer for you lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Greg Massey

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 25, 2018, 04:21:23 PM
Hey Greg if you throw in a blanket and some beads I think I might have a buyer for you lol.
Hey will a tomahawk and peace pipe.....work... :turkey:

GobbleNut

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 25, 2018, 04:54:13 PM

Me have big wampum for calls (and I ain't talkin' 'bout money)   ;D :TooFunny: :toothy12: :TooFunny: :toothy9:

Happy

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 25, 2018, 05:13:43 PM

Me have big wampum for calls (and I ain't talkin' 'bout money)   ;D :TooFunny: :toothy12: :TooFunny: :toothy9:
I don't wanna hear bout your reputation at the old folks home. You and chief wet blanket can keep your exploits to yourselves

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Quote from: Happy on March 25, 2018, 05:23:20 PM

I don't wanna hear bout your reputation at the old folks home. You and chief wet blanket can keep your exploits to yourselves
That's a good one HAPPY.... :TooFunny: :OGturkeyhead:

GobbleNut

Hey, you were the one braggin' about throwin' it over your shoulder.... ;D :toothy9: :TooFunny:

Happy

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 25, 2018, 05:29:35 PM

Hey, you were the one braggin' about throwin' it over your shoulder.... ;D :toothy9: :TooFunny:
True, but I ain't on meds or hitting the peace pipe too hard

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

idgobble

Two of the most reliable locator calls are thunder and a helicopter. All you have to do is get a helicopter to fly over or make it thunder and that will get them going good.

Chris O

Depends on where you live around here I have luck with owl calls in the morning and crow calls mid morning on. I haven't carried a locator for a few years but plan to this year. Normally there are enough real crows and hawks mid morning to afternoon that whenever they sound off I listen. Some areas have different sounds that make turkeys shock gobble cows mooing, donkeys hee hawing And I even heard of someone hunting close to a zoo and when the lions would roar the turkeys would gobble. I use locators when I am not hearing anything and I am moving and I want to get one to sound off before I stumble into it or give away it's location so I can make a game plan on where I need to be.Most mornings I just wait them out until they gobble on their own